The C8 that thinks it's a SRK

Very nice comfychair. :slight_smile:

thats tite homie! cant believe something so small can put out crazy outputā€¦does seem brighter than the king now.
so that c8 is roughly 2000 lumens?!

That works out to about 7000 Chinese lumens, right?

Incorrect. 77000. you missed the 7. :wink:

MRsDNF.... That's NICE! I like all the pictures too!!! What did you use to cut that reflector?? I am always in trouble when I do that. I usually end up using a tiny jewelers saw blade. Keeping a nice straight cut and un-damaged interior gets to be fun!!

NICE NICE NICE!!! Dan.

i know what i would use, but probably not the most professional

a hand reamer and a file

Delrin?

I love the C8 and C12 for factor, they fit small belt holster add almost no weight and man can yours kick sum butt nice!

Very nice!

Time to look for extension tubes. :slight_smile:

Nice info on mod for nanjg and great results.

Hi there, I wonder whether anyone can help diagnose my problem. I tried to do this mod including modding a nanjg driver this way. I used a 4.3v 1w Zener on the capacitor and a 180 ohm resistor replacing the diode. However when trying it out the led only gave a brief dim flash every time I turn it on. Measuring the tailcap gives me 0.04 amps. BUT, trying it with 3 cells lighted the led and gave around 1 amp at the tail. No modes were working at all.

If anyone has any idea please help me out :slight_smile:

Thanks

Did you get the polarity correct on the zener? (stripe/cathode AWAY from the ground connection)

Don't try it again with 3 cells. The ~6 volt difference between input voltage and Vf isn't going to make the 7135s happy.

With two cells, power it up and measure the voltage from the ground ring to pin 8 on the MCU. If it's in the safe range of ~6v or less and it still won't put out any light, jumper pin 8 to pin 6, this will bypass the MCU and use the zener-adjusted voltage to switch on the 7135s manually (only do this if the pin 8 voltage is in the safe range, i.e. NOT full battery input voltage).

If the pin 8 voltage is the same as the input voltage the zener is probably installed backwards. If the voltage is correct and it doesn't work, but does when you jumper 8 to 6, the MCU is dead for whatever reason. Start over with a different driver.

Thanks comfy. I will try that some time over the next few days and update. Iā€™m pretty sure the diode is installed correctly, with the line away from ground.

This is already the second driver Iā€™ve tried. Hope I didnā€™t kill 2 of them :frowning:

A nanjg driver should be happy with one (good) cell. One bigger (18650) cell would work longer. Using two cells does not make sense.

Because the MTG2 is a 6 volt LED and the Nanjg 105C isn't a boost driver. 4.2v powering a 6v LED equals no worky.

The tint look much more natural than the NW 3C. It must be the MT-G2 P0 from IOS ? Then Its also 5000k.
Canā€™t wait to receive my Crelant MT-G2 P0 Noctigon. :bigsmile:

Yes I agree, makes the XM-l NW look quite cool/purple in comparison especially in the spill. Does this reflect what you see in real life?
How is the tint/chromaticity shift between hotspot and spill compared to the XM-L, seems to be less pronounced from what Iā€™ve seen in photos.

Oh and cool build of course. Have a soft spot for the C8 mods :slight_smile:
Cheers

Iā€™m not completely sure but I think my mistake has been lousy soldering making bad joints between the components. Iā€™ve started fresh again making sure iā€™ve soldered the components well onto a fresh driver. Works great now, love my c8 with the new LED :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot for your help.

Good! Now strip the old drivers down, clean them up and use them for practice, see if you can get them to work too. You'll learn something I bet. :p

Where can we purchase the 150 ohm resistor & 4.6v zener diode? Thanks!