The Crelant 7G5 Has Arrived

Please stop filling the thread with useless posts that don't pertain to the topic. My reply was also to ILF and not to you. I had my say and he had his. No reason to keep on harping on about it.

bh46118,

I appreciate your help here and what you said. I try to tell it like it is and I have to the best of my knowledge done so here. And I have done so not to try and mislead anyone. But I may have been out of line on what I said that got Zenbass to respond the way he did. So I may be partially to blame for my statement and like I said I will know more soon. But at the same time some folks won't take in what you show them even if they were to see it live and in person. You can't convince someone that don't want to be convinced in otherwords. And that's not stating that Zenbass is one of those folks. But take what I posted in this thread for how you wish is all I can say to anyone that reads it. I talk to another guy on here that bought the 7G5 just a minute ago on the phone. And he plainly told me that his 7G5 will out throw his Catapult V3 which mine did not and that his Sky Ray STL-V2 would out throw his 7G5. So again another guy that wasn't impressed with the supposedly king of the XM-L throwers.

Stop running that rude mouth and you won't here anymore about it.

What the hell, we all see by ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS pictures that he has taken alot of time for us to see which is a better thrower. He is the one spending all of his money wanting the best thrower he bought the 7G5 because it had such great reviews, just like he bought the Catapult V3 and the M3X and he has proven which is a better thrower. Maybe he did get a bad 7G5 maybe not. I have almost all the same lights as him and I wouldn't have them if I didn't see his pictures. I have owned the Catapult for a long time and didn't think it could be beat until I saw his pictures. That made me order the 7G5 and M3x. I am still waiting for my M3X but my 7G5 reads 1.66 at the tail and it's really close against the Catapult but my Skyray STL-V2 out throws them both. We should thank him for all his time putting all this work into showing us which is the best and then we can save money. I thank you.....

Hey ILF, I'm not questioning the fact that you M3X outhrows your Crelant, it is plain to see for all that it does. The pictures do indeed speak for themselves. I also don't wish to add further "negative" posts to this thread as I've had my say. We'll wait and see how your new one performs, hopefully it's more on par with your other throwers as we believe it should be. :)

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Out of respect for all of your hard work, I will refrain from any further comment. The baseless attack on your character really struck a nerve with me. When I see that kind of foolishness I just can't sit idally by and not defend the person under attack. I'll be looking forward to any further test results you share with us.

Thanks Bruce

Ok guys that sounds good. I will do my best to give the new 7G5 the credit it deserves. And I will again try to post hopefully useful info that others can use. Again I really hope that my new one rocks and that it becomes my best XM-L thrower. I would be stupid not to wish for that. I should get it within the next 10 days hopefully.

I got to thinking about ceiling bounce tests that I have done here, and I wanted to add the Olight SR51 to see how it compared to the others. Now I don't remember if I turned my monitor off when I took the other shots, but I believe I did. But I did turn it off on this shot. Would the guy here that made it where you could mouse over do a comparison with this one below and the other foucsed M3X shot below it? Maybe to be fair I need to take another with the M3X and make sure my monitor is turned off. I would like to know which one is brighter.

Olight SR51

Olight M3X

Now to my eyes comparing the two I think the SR51 wins.

Well if you look at the shade of the box lid on the floor or the shade of the brown wall there is no question that the SR51 one is brighter. That is exactly what I expected. No XM-L light I have up close is brighter than the SR51.

I'm going to go ahead and post the Catapult V3 as well.

Catapult V3

Ok here's the newly exchanged Crelant 7G5. The settings should be the same. I put camera on manual, and it reads at the bottom left 2 F2.8

M3X

I do believe this 7G5 is a lot brighter than the other one, but I may be wrong. And up close on the wall or door this 7G5 looks brighter than the M3X.

Well after looking at the last picture I posted above with the M3X and looking at the shade of the brown wall, the M3X is still brighter on the ceiling bounce test. I'll put them side by side so you can better see how they compare.

Olight M3X

Mouse Over -Olight SR51

Guys, let me point out two things:

Here, we are dealing with the throwy flashlights, which one is the best etc. I think that the whole comparison is focused in one thing: The greatest lux number. I think this is not the case, we have to look a lot more other things, by the time that the flashlights are really almost performing the same. There is no real life performance difference between M3X, 7G5 and T40CS. Their difference is within the 7% variance of a T6-U2 led(even from the same bin, the worst T6 performs 280lm/0,7amp and the best 300lm). Also, one driver might have a bit less or more output, so the small difference in performance can be found there.

For me, a good thrower needs 4 basic features, other than lux number:

1)Due to size, a good construction

2)Due to output, no donut hole and the minimum possible tunnel effect

3)A good usable/general low mode

4)Good efficiency in all levels

THis is why i like my Thrunite catapult V2 xm-l. Even though i don't use it as much as M3X, if i had to go somewhere where durability is a critical factor, i would prefer it even though it has almost 20.000 lux less. This thing is unbreakable.

So, between T40cs, 7G5, M3X, your choice has to be based upon these factors. And i am pretty sure that M3X(even though i sure that with a good U2 and amp driving like the others it will be the winner in throw) it is not the winner here.

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS HWO ABOUT THE VERSION 2?