The decision.

Hi guys, I´m new in this forum and I’ve readed some threads in this forum and I like so much :slight_smile:

So, I want new light to make company with my tr-3t6 and I’m VERY interested in two of them…

Nitecore ea4w vs Trustfire x9

The ea4 have some warnings of battery charge, uses AA and so small.

The x9 have bigger reflector and have nos frills with highest mode.

Please, I want pros and cons of each lights, and power output too, in internet have many data of ea4, but x9 I dont find.

It possible mod driver of x9?

thanks for all and sorry for my poor english, I’m from brasil and english is not too present here :bigsmile:

How many lights do you have? Are you just starting your colection or do you have a good start already. Of the 2 you mention, I only have the EA4 and for all around useability, not much this light won’t handle. No it will not light up a hill side 300m away, but at reasonable distances it does everything I personally ask of a light. Amazing for such a small AA light. Takes the place of several of my other lights including my much loved TK41. It lacks the throw of the TK41 but for me, extream throw is just more for showing off these days.

Dont know the x9, but for an all-round light the EA4 is really hard too beat!

It’s the light I most often slip into my pocket when going out, it has a really good combination of throw and flood.

That it uses standard AA-batteries also makes it easier to let your non-flashoholic familymembers or friends use it.

I have only a tr-3t6, good light but only one light is so bad in emergency or lost other (God saveme if this happen, I paid R$240 in this)

You mentioned the thing what fascinates me in this light, SO small and SO powerfull…

The light will used for work and all of kind os use

yeah, excellent balance of flood/throw, another point to tends my choice to ea4 :slight_smile:

But some cons haunt me:

*highest level its not fixed
*price, dont comes with battery (the x9 comes with batteries and charger, but it’s not decisive)
*some people telling of this light don’t have a good heatsink (it’s real?)

otherwise, my choice it’s not defined by no data about x9, trustfire and nitecore seems to be a very reliable, good brands.

trusfire reviewed here: Review: Trustfire X9 [ 1 x 18650 ] 5 mode - XM-L

I suggest you get the one you want. Trustfire is thrower adn ea4 is a little less I would say…
You should consider convoy S2/s3 from fasttech? FastTech Convoy S3 (EDC 18650 in Disguise) Thoughts?

Lot of folks here likes it……….

Great, another choice and its cheaper :slight_smile:

Do Fasttech have a good shipment? Deal extreme takes too long to send, my last order was a great disapointment and my order not arrived yet.

Yesterday, I’ve some good ideas and possibilities……

I see x9 totally disassembled and appears to be much easy to mod and change the led, and I thinking here… “if I order a x9 with one sst-90 and change the led?”……

The question is, this mod will works?

Some time after, I remembered the sst-90 needs a huge amperage to works at “full power”.

So guys, I’ll have problems wiht this mod?

I need a dictionary :_(