The Elephant and the Dragon

Amazing, as usual.

I really like the vandal-proof switch; do you know if it will tolerate 16V ?

Thanks buddy, the Aspheric is about 3” diameter

Thanks.

The number will be revealed at the night of the shoot out, but I have one more light to make before the shootout, the legendary 2000 lumen FM1909 incan, it pulls 6 Amp at 12V. I’ve never seen any lux numbers except everyone that had one appears to have been blown away, I hope it’ll live up to the hype in a 3” turbo head against these led & HID monsters. I’s been ordered :slight_smile:

Fantastic effort ma_sha1. Your really pushing the bounderies here. Looking forward to the shootout.

Thanks, buddy. I don’t know but I think most likely yes, as it’s low amp draw for the glow, it’ll probably just glow brighter.

Thanks!

On high - 300k lux

Wow, amazing!

Holy poopcicles

Thanks Guys,

Still waiting for Five Mega to ship the FM 1909 bulb & another FM3H turbo head….

I have forgot to mention that the led star I used is direct solder copper base ceramic star taken off from Olight SR51.
It looks like it has copper surface contact area 3 time that of the Led-tech de copper star.

Aside from making your own, There are three places one can get XML on copper star, I have tried all three,
this is how I felt about them:

International outdoor: good for 4.5A Thin copper & rather small contact area
Ledtech de: good for 5.5A Thick copper but rather small contact area
SR51 star: good for 6.5A, thin copper but rather large contact area, it’s huge almost 1 inch square

The SR95 star is same technology as the SR51, direct to copper thin & large, almost 2” rectagle

I have almost no flashlights left, except very few must keep including the Darth Vader, finally I managed to de-dome the XML cleanly to increase the lux further:

It came out pretty well, the lux went up from 280klux to 468 Klux, I think it might be worth trying adding a Weiven Collar? I maybe able to get it up to DEFT X level of throw but with a 2x bigger spot, since DEFT-X is XPG2 de-dome , this is based on XML de-dome,