The G700 flashlight Ad has made it to BLF!!!

I just seen the $200 military flashlight just released to public Ad.

On the bottom left banner under the main menu.

Wow

Yup, Google ad had that at the bottom of the screen for me a couple of days ago. I clicked and tagged it as “inappropriate”. :stuck_out_tongue:

I am wondering whether the “creator” of the G700/+derivatives SEO campaigns is a flashlight enthusiast and potentially a member here :smiley:

It would really surprise me if he Wasn’t a member here, as bad as that sounds…

Got to know a bit about flashlights to even be interested in flashlights and then to launch a Scam Campaign like that.

Hopefully, he is one of our members that has already been banned?

-Chuck

Hes been stealing our beamshots and videos for a while… specifically when he used TLF member Bluezie’s beamshot of a Nitecore EAX hammer for the G700 website… and didn’t even changed the name of the JPG file.

I’ve been pointing that out for a while, but there’s so many “G700” threads that they all kind of blend together. I even included screen shots of different variations, which all show here.

If you run a site with Adsense, there’s a review tab where you can go block them individually on your site. That review tab had over 2,000 pages and it took me a few hours on my site. What’s worse, they keep coming out with new variations every day that have to be individually blocked. Though supposedly you could block an ad domain, though it doesn’t seem to work for me.

…or just keep serving them up to the people who come here trying to find out if it’s a scam…

Heh, as I was typing this, I see this to the left of me:

The way the heavy handed copyright laws work, using someone else’s photo could put you on the hook for $150,000 for each time it’s used! I actually paid a legal threat for a hand drawing of a toilet that I thought was public domain! So, if they steal enough photos, they could be on the hook for big money.

I really hope they get sued then… Lumitak Alphaelite Flashlight: "World's Brightest" - #14 by will34

With Google ads you can click the cross upper right corner
You can give a reason for not wanting to see it.
Maybe it’s more effective if we do that then asking SB to disable it.

Why not just download AdBlock Pro (free) i-m_so_happy HAPPY :happy: :HAPPY: :Happy:

One of the reason BLF is free is because of the ads, so we basically support the forum by allowing the ads… I have adblock too but BLF is one of the few places I don’t enable the filter on.

Personally I don’t mind ads, running a website is not free.
And using Ubuntu flash disabled, pretty sure a lot of the most common malware is not a big issue.

The way much of that adware works is by scanning your cookies and history. If it sees that you are looking up flashlights that is what it will try and entice you with. The same applies for this particular light. The more it is viewed on your computer the more you will see it....on all sites that are accessed by adware.

I don’t find the ads here particularly intrusive.

In the absence of the BLF forum yesterday, I visited my old watering hole, CPF. It’s been a few years. Boy, was I surprised by all the ads. Shocking, really!