The "Gadget" - NEW PICS and an update

Hi!

My personal “gadget” is a work in progress, but I was inspired by this thread to show it off prematurely. I am using picatinny rails for connecting the lights together, and the Nitecore P25 acts as the handle. It will also form the center of my final setup, mostly because of the dual picatinny rails. I mean they are there, so I have to use them, right?

Here’s how it looked initially:

I tested this setup with the Led Lenser X21R. Initially the X21R had the longest throw. After 10 minutes the situation was reversed, and my setup threw the farthest, with a lot of spill that the X21R has zero of.

Then I suddenly got a Convoy M2 from Fasttech that fit nicely into the wanting center hole:

The lights used are:

- Nitecore P25

- Fandyfire STL-V6

- Jetbeam BC40W

• Convoy M2 (Neutral white, 2,1A drivers)

The numbers add up to something like this:
100 000 candela
3 400 lumens
with a mix of cool and neutral white tints.

The P25 is possible to quick disconnect. I’m planning to be able to do this with the other lights also. Now I need my allen and torx wrench to get them off.
An advantage with using picatinny rails is that the lights are perfectly centered as soon as I install them. The disadvantage with this setup is that I need to press every lights rear button to power them up.

Beamshots will arrive when I got my setup finished; I have a little triple eyed monster I need to attach before I’m done :slight_smile:

I don’t want to hijack the thread, but does anyone have a suggestion for a great budget aspherical I can use in the center of my setup?

I needs to be a standard 1” tube diameter. I see that Fasttech have some of these, but I have no experience on these.