The Gender Bender / Do you get things intended for another gender?

My iphone is pink because im cheap.

Sometimes deliberately, sometimes accidentally.

Looked for full slippers for the winter, like moccasins, not the slip-on type with nothing behind the heel. Tried vipon, nothing, Amazonned it, search by price, found cheapies for 5bux a pop. Shouldda gotten the 3pr they had, vs only 1pr. Solid light gray, so got ’em. Look like any men’s slippers. Can’t say as much for the pink’n’blue plaid or other colors, though.

Æons ago, I was at Kohls with some cow-orkers, looked at shirts, found some kewl purplest of purple colored teeshirts, felt nice’n’soft, so got a pair. Did think they felt a bit stretchy or clingy, but they were soft’n’comfy, so didn’t think much of it. Brand’s “Apt 9”, which I’m pretty sure is for grils, but wtf, I wore out one to shreds already and am getting close with the second, so it’ll be academic in a while.

I’ve had pink flashlights so they won’t get swiped, vs Manly Black lights need to be kept under lock and key.

If something looks bisexural, nothing obvious like a pink shirt with “grrrrrrl power!” on it, then wtf, who cares?

Someone mentioned something I wanted to address, boys vs grils clothes, especially swimwear. I did some work for a friend to “extract” images from X webpages (X = Amazon, Kohls, Target, etc.) due to the dirty tricks they use to prevent exactly that.

Anyhoo, it’s about detecting trends from beginning- through end-of-season. Problem with boys’ swim-trunks is that they’ll get a size or two too large, what with an elastic waistband, those string-things you tie to snug ’em up, and them being naturally loose, etc. Who cares if one year is piping down the sides, and the next year is a colored waistband? They’ll wear the same trunks 2 or even 3 years before they don’t fit in ’em anymore.

Grils swimsuits are the exact opposite. They’re more form-fitting, grils grow, so what fits okay to slightly loose at the beginning of the season might be getting snug by the end, and unless it’s a clingy stretchy material, for sure won’t fit by the next year. And it might be floral/tropical patterns one year, stripes the next, fish-scales the year after, etc. Bigger business, and more bux by far. And they can be intentionally be made chintzy, as to try to prevent them being made into hand-me-downs.

That was more stuff than I ever wanted to learn about The Business, but there it is.

That said, I know grils who’ll wear “boys” trunks, shorts, shirts, sneakers, etc., simply to get better-made stuff that lasts longer.

Dunno about skin-care or hair products, etc., but I don’t think I’d buy any of that foofy stuff. Hell, I’ll use dish-detergent if I run out of shampoo or soap, I don’t care. I like that lemon-fresh smell, anyway. No loofah? Well, I got some Brillo or SOS downstairs, so…

Well...

I changed my mind.

I ordered this men's jacket.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09QLRZWQM?th=1&psc=1

It doesn't have a lot of feedback on Amazon, but it's practically the same thing as these two:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08F9Z9LH4

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0982MZH29

I already have a Moerdeng ski jacket, and soon I'll have this Moerdeng lightweight jacket even though I won't be wearing it much until this Fall.

$29 plus tax is pretty reasonable, too.

:smiley:

I’m fighting about buying a pink Mora Companion… maybe one day :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Thank

You could probably get through TSA with that, too.

“I’m confiscating this knife!”
“Lighten up, Francis. It’s PINK. Go’head, go on through…”

This makes me imagine Donald O’Connor speaking to Francis the Talking Mule.

Naw.