>>>THE GENESIS PROJECT<<<

That light looks fantastic! And sort of retro, makes me think of my father's sixties hand razor, same material, same knurling.

that’s some really beautiful machining - I can only aspire to that level!

Couple of Q though - what driver and switch (and where!) did you use? Was that LED board a stock one from somewhere or a custom job (hence Kent reference?)? I like to see the guts as well as the glory :slight_smile:

White gold color

Knurling is epic, apply forehead to flashlight body > instant headlamp.

Awesome so far! I can't get over how quickly you can bang out such a superb light. Man! To have your skills!! I'd never have to buy another flashlight again.

So what is the final piece of the puzzle? HAIII anodizing? Tritium filled slots?

Well I did notice, and hope it works out for you. But, I wouldn’t have blamed you if you were just using it as a gauge for the pill :). Like mattthemuppet, I’m curious on how the dual battery, driver, leds tie together. Right now I can only speculate.

Final scene revealed!

I hope you guys enjoy.

That looks absolutely amazing. And there’s no such thing as too much knurling :slight_smile:

Matt, I watched both videos, and enjoyed this whole thread a lot! You made a truly awesome light!
And you seem like a great guy too! :slight_smile: Do not hesitate sharing more of what you do or making more videos in the future.

Maybe I missed the part, but where did the 4A buck driver come from?

Thank You Matt.

Matt. Do I curse you or thank you. Hmmm. After a lot off thought I will do both. I will curse you as I will spend the next two days looking at everything Duracoat. I will thank you as this is probably what I’ve been looking for to finish lights. If you were here right now I’d be very scared as I want to give you a big hug.
Again fantastic build and I love the finish. Thanks for taking the time to do the video. :beer:

Thanks RaceR,

You didn't miss the part about what the driver is, I just left it out. All I can say for now is that its a board that found a way to vary the current on, even up to much higher levels if needed. I have plans for it so you will see more about it from me down the road.

It is I who owe you thanks sir. Great idea for this competition. I hope we do it for many years to come.

Glad I could help you find a new way to empty your wallet.

very nice work VB and i love the duracoat idea…top notch or should i say top knurl.