the most powerfull flashlight with the best throw

It's not so easy to do what you think. You cannot just slap an aspheric lens on top of that 9 xml array. The lens (every lens) focuses in one point. The emitter (led) must be on that point, precisely, for the lens to redirect the light all in one tight beam. And lens + reflector don't work. But even removing the reflectors, at best you would have one led in the correct focus point, the other would just add a lot of lumens but scattered in wrong directions as spill.

If you want a tight beam with high lux hotspot and no spill, the answer is one single emitter. With a single very well driven XM-L your max output is in the range of 1000 lumens.

With a large reflector you have throw but also quite a lot of spill. With an aspheric you cut the spill and have a tight throwy beam. You could see if Crelant 7G5V2 plus aspheric head suits your needs. It's not very small, though...

Any other multi-emitter combo light will output thousands of lumens but with very powerfull spill too.

No spill, blind enemies

SST-90 at 9 to 10 amps, with an aspheric lens, focused to a square die. Burns the enemies clothing off them.

Guys, is there an SST-90 with an aspheric out there? At 9 amps? I'm not up on all the chinese lights out there.

Flydragon

I’ll wait for the 10 led version or the 11 led head.

A Varapower 2000 or VPT with an aspheric lens would be pretty sweet. 4c Nimh batteries pushing the sst90 or a newer SBT90 at 9-12 amps would be truelly awesome. I don’t think you could use the cheap aspheric lenses from dx, they might melt lol

Check out this thread for th 9x XML

It’s amazing bright.

I’d buy it if the OP can proove it has 11,000 lumens. For 135 dollars a 85w HID does 400+ meters and over 4000 OTF, can this thing match it?

I want to get the best and most powerful flashlight on the market today,
Any suggestions

unfortunately you should make a decission:

• best in max output
  • best in throw

… at the end you will buy both - and much in between if you stay!

WELCOME TO BLF!

Explain it real good to acu13gong , so they won’t be surprised when they wake up

one day and realize how much $$$ they have spent , while searching for and still

haven’t found the so called :arrow: “Best in Show” flashlight ! J)

Oh and Welcome to the BLF.

Only one… http://www.brightguy.com/Maxa+Beam/Maxa+Beam+Light+Only :bigsmile: also maybe this one too http://onestopthrowshop.com/product.sc?productId=21&categoryId=1

What you need is to talk to Richard, at mtnelectronics.com.

He can build you a TK61 that will rock your world. Because he’s a store owner, his lights are not exactly mods, but of course they are exactly that too. But he’s got the resources and the background to guarantee his lights like few others can.

Outside of that, An Olight SR-90 Intimidator modified with a XM-L2 de-domed will do a mile in throw. There are other’s here that have hit that mile and maybe then some with an aspheric. But it’s gonna have to be modified as there aren’t any manufacturer’s that I know of willing to go all out like this.

WTH, 2012 thread?

Don’t YOU want the most powerful thrower available? Haven’t things changed in the past 3 years? Still want that beast, right? More likely to get it now than then…

Never enough,if you ask me Dale ! One day I will blind myself trying to determine witch hotspot is brighter :bigsmile:
Just saying there are more then one thread currently in recent posts that’s creator’s haven’t been here for a while…

You can try this guy too, BLF/CPF member and stands by his lights also. check out the TM36 and TK61’s Vinh builds!! V54 Lights - Sky Lumen

This thing throws over 1000m i have one and have bounced the light of a white walled cottage at 1070m confirmed on google earth its a true beast

I am also seeking max throw. Just for the fun of it.
I use a atmospheric head with xr-e 7090 ez900. I drive this led at 1,5 amp (xr-e is rated at max 1 amp).
I also have dedomed an xr-e but I can’t see any differences between the normal and the dedomed xr-e except that the dedomed xr-e has gotten an ugly greenish color. I have ordered an 2 amp driver. I want to see if that makes any difference. At 2 amp an xr-e should produce about 300 lumen.
To try a little bigger led I have chosen an xp-g2 led. I am planning to drive it at 3 amp (max rated at 1,5 amp). With that much current it should give me about 600 lumen.

But probably we get the max throw with an xhp70 @ 8 amp with a very large reflector. That should produce about 4800 lumen :evil:

…It’s written on their Website:

We decided to implement in our products only the best LEDs and cutting-edge electronics made in Japan and USA to obtain the revolutionary and unprecedented results

ARMYTEK YEAH!

but you will need to purchase some extra stuff in order to optimize “the Best in The World”

First this…

and also that:

(pictures for illustration only - please refer to Bulgarian m8 member, for more technical details about Armytek ultra-thrower… optimizing process :Sp )

GOOD JOB BOB!

Hi,

i can recommend the EagTac M25C2 Turbo :slight_smile: This has a really huge head. The light is on sale in different stores at the moment. I think there might come a new version soon. I modded the light with XP-G2 S2 1D dedomed and FET driver. With some beamtuning i got ~790 Klux (range ~1777m) with Sony VTC5.

Here compared to some other lights.

Distance to the weir ~160m. Nikon P100, f=4,5, 0,5 Sec.

Controlshot

Thrunite TN32 UT (modded) 407 Klux

Nitecore TM36 Lite (Stock) 310 Klux

EagTac M25C2 Turbo (modded) 790 Klux

Blue Star (modded) 981 Klux

And a direct comparison of the Blue Star and the M25C2 Turbo with ~430m distance. Almost no difference. I increased the brightness of the photos a little bit because they were a bit too dark.

Greetings

Kenjii