the road to flashaholism is painfull

I feel your pain brother. I have spent way beyond my means on this hobby. It’s funny. For over 50 year, I wouldn’t even purchase a $20 maglite. When this bug bites, it can really hurt.

thanks guys and Dan, thanks for sharing the story.

Cloe, whilst that cat is cute, the hedgehog we have lodging with us is cuter :stuck_out_tongue:

The fasttech order mainly constitutes the part of the set I’m “throwing in”. The main builds are these hosts from cnqg along with kit bags

I’m hoping the fasttech ld-25 driver’s work ok, I have one in my edc and I do like it, it’s current controlled in all modes, given that these lights are for engineers and mechanics, , the current controlled bit is important due to moving parts.

The cells I picked because they seem to be working well for me, and relic has done some more extreme testing, they won’t get pushed that hard in these lights anyway, maybe 3.5a in the cnqg hosts J) 0:)

One of the kits is actually a gift for my dads birthday, I hope he likes it, I’ve also got a little srm edc knife to throw in the package too. :bigsmile:

I want one for the cold days :smiley: stuff it up my jumper on high and it’ll be bliss :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, as a recipient of a gords mod … i certainly appreciate you buddy :slight_smile:

Although there are a few local foxes that dont anymore :wink:

Dont be depressed, consider yourself a disciple - ‘spreading the love’ :crown:

hey spas, these are what I had in mind for what we were discussing.

dave, glad to hear its working well for you, I got jacobs for myself after building yours :bigsmile:

Awesome! looking forward to seeing a complete one, it will be a great light indeed.

oh, I’ll be doing a show and tell, it’d be nice if we could get everything branded though so its a complete looking package. :davie:

“No good deed goes unpunished.” :bigsmile: LOL

You have a hedgehog?! :open_mouth:

There Ya Go!! Good luck with it! Obviously from the postings there are a lot of folks that appreciate your work.

Dan.

Do like I do and blabber out the details of the mod, and be like Doc Brown and say: “Do you know what this means???” I’ve been told to shut up before, but I can sometimes get the point across. lol

He’s a guest while the weather’s crap, cute little thing though lol

I know from the samples I lent my dad, the recipients wont be upset.

Joe, I plan on a full written account of the mods and battery safety…

Awww! Do post pics if you get a chance. :bigsmile:

A Hedgehog guest at the Gords B&B, sitting up to table with a little bowtie and sipping coffee with a danish at breakfast, thanking Mrs Gords for her hospitality in his prim little British accent.

:slight_smile:

reminds me of the redwall series of books i use to read in elementary school

please elaborate on the engineers and mechanics part

Engineers and mechanics will possibly use these lights to check moving components, a driver with low pwm frequency will make moving parts appear to pulse and flicker which can be disorienting and possibly dangerous. Nanjgs are pretty good at hiding this but current control is even better.

i was hoping you would say its a boost driver so when the battery output is not enough to fully power the LED, the driver would take care of it

no sorry, you just have to accept that occasionally, you’ll have to charge your cells. :stuck_out_tongue: