- The Special travelling " BLF Flashlight" idea -

You have still some posts to post :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, maybe in five years I'll have enough posts to participate in The Special Travelling BLF Flashlight idea. ;)

That includes most of us. :stuck_out_tongue:

I mentioned doing a pass around of the contest lights to Dale in order to share some of the more involved DIY mods. I don’t think a salad bowl will be inexpensive to ship though. The 50 cal and Coke can might be.

An idea for spreading the postage costs, whoever passes the light on personally puts a small amount, say $1 or its equevalent, into the box to help the next person that has to pay postage, when this builds up enough it would help with international costs.

Cheers David

good idea to add. This light could help determine shipping costs for a particular size and weight of a small “Flashlight” package. Along with Light Sphere testing mentioned earlier.

It’s kinda pointless taking one out and puting one back in :slight_smile:

If you are shipping inside your country you don’t get to use the dollars collected, only when shipping internationally is the money used because those shipping rates are much higher.

I was going to use a smart remark to answer this, then I realized that English will be a second language for you sooooo…
Only the people that pass the light on in person would drop in the money, that way the person sending it out of the area would have a pool of money to dip into, hopefully it would build up to help out for those who send it internationally.

If however you were just having some fun at my expense

Cheers David

I passed by the “in person” information, sorry :slight_smile:

I missed the “in person” part to, I was thinking domestic shipping vs international shipping, $5 vs $20 or more. If a person is shipping inside the country contribute a dollar for the person who will eventually have to ship internationally. Don’t think there will be a whole lot of in person exchanges.

True that, it costs me more for petrol, than for shipping :slight_smile:

Another good idea. Almost like a “stash box” for helping to ship it the longer distances. I may add that into the case for the Light.

I would of thought that anyone passing it on in person would be doing it to meet another BLF member, not to save on postage.

On that note maybe have it so everyone puts in some money until there is enough to send it internationally by air with tracking, the person that sends it out will have to take all of it out anyway due to different currencies, if there is to much maybe buy some small part and do a give away.

Mentioning shipping by air, that rules out sending li-ion cells with it.

Cheers David

I suggest using the BLF X6 light, all it needs is a driver and we know its robust

Yes, don’t we? —> Dale’s Crash Test of the Sample X6 J)

You saved me the trouble of hunting down that video

I would, but i only have the one in my collection and never got a second one.

Yes meeting in person is harder but that becomes the point.

It seems to me to be no big deal to drop a box in the post. We get stuff from china all the time BFD, but if it really was showing the path of folks meeting then it would be more “meaningful” to see where it/they is/are.

The meeting in person takes care of shipping cost, and the issue of who gets it next, and “rationalizes” the logistics so that the whole proccess is self managing.

Yes for folks that are retired and live in the boondocks in person does not make much sense but as the vast majority of the worlds population live in metro areas that part should not be an issue.

OR

One light for in person metro exchanges (it brings folks out (how many “members do we have now?”)) and maybe a postal route and budget for the rural folks.

$.02

Somebody does though, who is willing to donate an X6?