The winner is...#31! GIVEAWAY!!!!! Micro Maglite host!

And thanks JohnnyMac !

I didn't win and it was still fun. Thanks JohnnyMac and enjoy your new toy Rezolution.

Thanks to JohnnyMac for the giveaway, and congrats to Rez !!!!

Thanks for the giveaway J.Mac

congrats rez

Congratulations Rezolution!

And Thanks again JohnnyMac!

Thanks Johnny, congrats Rezolution

Thanks Johnny for arranging this!

And congratulations to Rezolution! You will love that magnificent little host!!

Man, what a great thing to log in and find this morning! I'm pretty excited about this. I'm not sure if I'll be putting in an R2, an R5, or a T6!!!

Anyone have any input on what they think I should put in it? I don't think I could use the Manafont XM-L because the 14500 I will be using won't meet the steep amp draw...

What about going old-school and throwing in a P4 or a P7? I'm going to have a giant whole in the reflector so maybe it's best to fill it with a P7 LoL.

Actually, to fit the reflector the hole you end up with is perfect for the XM-L. Personally I recommend XM-L or XP-G R5 in that order. Just remember that the base of the driver has to be free of components. A Nanjg 105c won’t work.

BTW, congrats!!

Do you have any XM-L drop-ins that you're sure will fit that you could sell me (or post me a link to?). I would like a three mode, H-M-L. That way, it's a rocket, but it's also still useful!

None handy. I make them as I need them and my best purpose driver for these is a 5-mode at the moment. I can’t recall what driver is in the UF T6 drop-in but IIRC it does have a smooth bottom and only 3 modes.

EDIT: Just checked and if you happen to have one already it would work perfectly. You could then order a replacement for whatever light you stole the existing one from.

http://www.manafont.com/product_info.php/ultrafire-cree-t6-3mode-memory-led-dropin-module-42v-max-p-5178

Congratulations Rezolution!

A Nanjg 105 might work if you add a conductive ring like Wayne did in his SE-1 mod, see picture #8 in post #8 here:

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/6184

And thanks again for the giveaway JohnnyMac!

I know the solarforce ones I order don't have any components on the bottom. They are buck boost and go from .8v all the way up to 4.2V. That way I could use either an Eneloop or a 14500. The only problem is, they are only 320 lumen XP-G. It sounds like this thing is begging for an XM-L...

Actually not, Huny. The conductive ring would have to smaller in diameter than what you are thinking and the extra length it would add to the pill would definitely be a no go. Any of the SOlarForce of Ultrafire XM-L drop-ins should work fine as they all have smooth bottoms.

Would the Manafont Ultra-fire drop in work? I have one now, but it pulls 4+ amp on high and most of my cheaper batteries shut off because the protection turns on. I can only get it to work on high with the trustfire flames. I'm not sure it would work at all with the trustfire 14500 that I have...

So just wishful thinking :((

All I can say in answer to that is I’ve run my UF 3-mode drop-in in a 501A off a trustfire 16340 and it works fine. The 16340 and the 14500 have roughly the same specs and while never tested, I would have guessed it would work fine with a 14500. YMMV.

I run my Micros off of a 2A driver that will pull 2.5A using an IMR cell and 2.1 off a TF Flame. It has 5-modes but with memory it's never been an issue for me. If you would like to try that I can sell you one for cost.

I actually have a Solarforce ".8 to 4.2v" on the way to me from China for another project I was working on. I'll start with that and see where it takes me :)

I might be safer with an Eneloop in it anyway ;)

I have couple of those Solarforce drop ins they are way under rated at 320 Lumen they pull over 2 amps on high so they are closer to 500 lumen that would be perfect with a 14500 for this bad boy.

Do you think they'll be any difference between the 14500 and the Eneloop? Well, I do have a light meter so I suppose I could answer my own question after it's assembled LoL.