The XHP70.2 8,000 Lumen BLF-GT With Beam Shots!!!!!!!

10 meters

1,078,000 lux

Looks to be performing roughly the same as everyone else. Thanks heaps for the help JasonWW. That video was super helpful

Sooooo I think the high humidity where I live is stopping it from throwing very far. Could this cause the light to stop short?

I couldn’t even light up pine trees 400 meters away :frowning: I really hope I can get the head loose.

Yes, high humidity can have a very large effect on the throw of the light. Depending on the night there is a water tower near me that I can light up great or hardly at all.

400m away should be no problem, even if it was at half power though, so I can’t explain that, it must be the humidity.

Have you checked the LED on moon mode to make sure all the dies are working along with no burnt spots?

I’m actually thinking it’s more the fact I’m shining it on Pine trees rather than buildings. Since pine trees are a very dark green it’ll be reflecting a lot less light.

Can anyone verify that the XHP35 HI version shines much further than say 700m onto a tree and it be clear?

No burnt spots and all diodes are perfectly lit. My centering ring gives horrible artifacts. It’s not a nice circle, it’s a jagged lined circle on the wall :confused:

Would the rubber strap wrenches on Banggood be good enough? if not, can someone please link one that would

A focus issue could cause the issues you have for sure.

Can you take a picture of the LED / centering ring? It is possible that the reflector is not seated properly which could easily cause these issues.

The beam should be a nice circle except at very close range to the wall where there will be a dark spot in the middle.

The beam is a nice circle, I meant the ring around the hotspot.

The LED looks perfectly centered.

The corona having that wavy effect can sometimes be caused by small imperfections in the reflector but is not usually enough to be noticeable outside of a wall test like the one you show there.

Your reflector looks to be good quality so I don’t think that is an issue from the picture above. There is some dust on it, that can also cause this as well.

Soooo… getting glasses makes a huge difference :person_facepalming: lol

I just got a lux meter in but have not tested any of my lights yet. I do have a GT70, and when I ramp it up, I’m the talk of my local hike club! Looks like a light saber on full tilt!

Glad to hear it! The GT series is supposed to be a conversation starter to say the least lol.

Remember that if you double click it goes into turbo which is brighter then the top of the ramp.

Yeah, that’s the icing on the cake… The top of the ramp is impressive enough. The dim spill makes it a lot more useful than some would believe at lower settings. I hadn’t hiked in over 20 years, but as my health has been improving a friend invited me to join their group. Needless to say, the GT70 is an ice-breaker in more ways than one! Great work on the overall design. to the involved parties!

I’ve managed to open my GT and am needing a conversion kit.

I’m purchasing from nealsgadgets.com and wondering if the conversion kit includes the 2x Cell Carriers or do I need to purchase them additionally? Do I need the Cell Carriers or can I use the ones for the XHP35 HI version?

There’s a selection to choose from:

- 1*XHP70.2 LED CW+1*Centering Ring+1*TA Driver - $55.00

- 1*XHP70.2 LED NW+1*Centering Ring+1*TA Driver - ”

• 2*Cell Carriers - $28.00

What exactly am I meant to purchase?

Is Nealsgadgets the cheapest and only option?

The battery carriers are an extra $28 cost option if you want them.

I only know of Neal’s gadgets or maybe Lumintops store that offers these parts. I’m not sure which is cheaper.

That’s about all I know. Sorry.

Edit, Lumintops store doesn’t seem to show the conversion kit so I guess Neal is the only source.

Thanks for your input.

So I don’t actually need the carriers, the ones used in the XHP35 HI version will work fine?

Right, both leds are the same 12v.

That’s great news. Thank you

Hi all!

So I’ve read this entire thread. I’m ready to convert my XHP35. I’ve ordered Neal’s kit, CW version. I guess it comes with the battery carriers, though I don’t need them. Is this going to be a direct drive board like the second one Matt used in his video?

I’ve watched Matt’s video. I’ve never modded a light, but have enough skills to do so I think. A simple soldering iron and solder and flux should be all I need right? I don’t want to screw anything up, so ANY Tips or advice prior would be much appreciated from anyone in here.

I’m super stoked to do this and can’t wait to try it out.

Thanks in advance everyone!

Daniel

Yeah, with the kit you basically just have to solder the LED power wires and you should be good to go.

Be careful to clean the LED carefully with alcohol before testing. even the smallest spec can kill the LED.

Ok. Thanks much.

Is this DD?

What’s the verdict on dedoming? Good, bad?

Yes, the driver that comes with the kit is a FET based driver.

I personally don’t like dedomed LEd’s but it does throw a lot further that way.