TheKlone35 - modded

if a pair of bats comes with, i thing i'm buying

question tho, what do u thing of the location of the driver in this one compared 2 the other one.

Someone needs to take apart their T50 and take some pictures for us (*cough* ChicagoX *cough*) :)

Changed reaction on double-clicks, even triple-click :) See post #37

I guess I volunteer?

Great job, Doc.

suggestion on that stubborn t50 head - apply force to it and leave it that way for a day or two - ie hang a weight from, or hook a spring to, your strap wrench (when you get a new one ;) ).

Thanks for the tip - I need to fab up a fixture as you described for a Barbolight host, so I can hit it with the torch while under rotational force.

I'll try it with the T50, sans flame.

We split shipping and I will send u my light to use to make it perfect?lmk Iā€™m serious:)

That was addressed to me?

Are you suggesting I pay (some of the shipping cost) to mod a light for you?
That sounds somewhat... unconventional.

lmao

I just spent finished a mod that took me a total of about 15 hours (TF z6, tailcap, lapped copper heatsink, 3.75A KDv2). Came out nice, but I should probably stop doing that. I'd be happy to send you my other projects. You don't even have to split the shipping, I'll pay it!

Ah well, I ordered a T50 now (from DX btw); so I can tell you in a month or so.

if you get it within 4 weeks I'll lift my self-imposed ban

dthrckt: It's "Waiting for supplier", and the supplier is Yanglight... bad sign...

Anyway, I added another feature to lumodrv: It's programmable now! You can change every main and extended mode to something else. There's a drawback though: The new settings won't survive a battery change or lock-out (don't have the space to implement that). However that has a good side, too, since you can even 'program' away strobe and beacon, and a reset by lockout brings everything back to 'factory default'.

I want my T50 now.

interesting. I suppose in the klone35 there's room too add a couple watch batteries if you really wanted to maintain memory.

Though I, of course, would have no idea how to wire them isolated from the regular batteries

So, my klone arrived from CNQ. NICE light. Perfect condition. It came in a black nylon cinch sack, which was inside an ultrafire holster (same as for DRY I think).

The mod will begin April 16th. I'm taking a certification exam that day and if I get started before then I won't be able to put it down until its done...and this stuff usually takes me a LOT of time

Didn't someone offer to send you one ?

How nice it! So I have all my flashlights ramp!

I just wanted to say thanks DrJones for the parallel cells/7135 driver idea! I fried the original driver in my Fauxnix playing with different resistance for the current sense resistors and was able to bring it back to life with a battery carrier mod and one of the 3A drivers from KD. Initially I left the mode button nonfunctional but since I modded the carrier slightly differently (moved the contacts so that both cells are oriented the same) I hit on the idea to wire the momentary switch from B- straight to led-. The result is a direct drive "turbo" mode any time the momentary switch is pressed regardless of whether the light is on or off or which mode it's in. I'm not sure how long the little momentary switch will last carrying that much current but it seems to be doing ok so far.

Well I'm guess I'm the first one to the punch. I got the T50 all disassembled and have taken pictures of it here - https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/7985.

@dthrckt:
Yesterday I got my UF-T50; that's 18 days :)

Now I need to find some time to mess with it :)

This light is first on my list of mods, now that my tests are over (at least until June).

Unfortunately, there are two lawn mowers in my shop (broken valve lifter on one, other is a parts donor).

But, I hope to start on it this weekend.

BTW, IMHO, mowing lawns is one of the most ridiculous, wasteful and polluting activities ever devised.

edit: oh, @Dr. Jones, I guess I need to change my sig. And order an sst-90 driver from them :-P

If my outboard parts don't arrive today, I'll be getting to this mod tonight :)

Looks like Manafont has this light now for 30.80 but no holster

http://www.manafont.com/product_info.php/w777-t6-4mode-led-flashlight-black-218650-p-10030