This Cheap 405nm UV light, is it adequate?

No, it’s not technically UV, but from most reports it’s actually better than true UV for scorpion hunting

Look at this
www.xenopuselectronix.com/xeled/PDF/XeApplications.pdf

Idiot, that says 390nm is “best” for scorpion hunting. Doesnt say a word about 405nm or 365nm for scorpions.

The OP was asking for a “UV” light so why would anyone recommend a NON UV light is beyond me. The Convoy 365nm is the cheapest UV light you will find. The rest may be listed as “UV” but they are really 405nm

405nm is good for blood by absorbtion, drum filter and paint coating………w2g

Idiot? Ok…

Earlier in this thread the op said he wanted to use it for scorpion hunting. 365nm isn’t any better than 405nm according to your extrapolation, so why suggest a more expensive light?

And I also never even implied that that chart was my only source.

What an idiot thing to say to a stranger.

Hey brad! Check your post count. Use #1000 wisely, you never get it back

IMHO 390-405 is a good wavelength for “just fluorescing stuff around you”, and playing around… at least in my experience it has been. My experience is that you need to have “SOME” visible wavelength in casual applications. A pure UV wavelength is best used for currency ID and things like that. I found 365nm to be unimpressive when it comes to casual uses, which makes sense being we mostly can’t see into these frequencies.

I don’t have any experience with scorpion fluorescence though.

That chart in post 20 is very revealing, it makes me think that a 390 would be the best light for a first UV light, to play with and for general uses, and fun.

If I’m reading the chart correctly, 365, 380, and 390 seems to be the three that most of us would be interested in.