This light won't quit....

Do you guys think pelican will tell me to pound sand if I try to get it warrantied when it quits because of it’s condition? The only problem I’ve had is with the tailcap. I took it apart, put it back together and it’s worked ever since. Go figure???

I don't know, Steve, after that video, I've got to say that I don't think you are trying hard enough.

I don't have good enough signal to watch it here right now, but it sounds like this guy is doing some kind of torture test????? If that's the case, it's not the same as my light. I didn't TRY to do this to my light. It just happened!!!LOL!!!

Nah - I think they will take care of you; that's always been my experience.

The tool cart is the aggressor here...all of those chrome-vanadium pieces are beating up on that poor wee light.

Aluminum shows use quite fast IMO :)

Windering, how will say those SF P1's hold against wear?

Chicago X, I do have a habit of throwing my 5# impact wrench in my cart and it somehow manages to land on the light quite often. It’s funny that the guys at work think that 100 lumen light is the brightest flashlight in the world! LOL I had to bring in my Eagle Tac and show them that the little pelican isn’t the brightest light in the world. As expected, they just shook their heads in disbelief when they asked how much some of these lights cost. I’m sure everyone here has dealt with non flashaholics before. LOL I can’t explain, but there’s just something cool about being able to turn night into day…

I'm surprised you were able to repair the switch yourself; mine failed and that is why the sent me an entire new host. They said the switch was not repairable.

Pays to buy quality when it is for work. I am loving my Pelican 1920. Been carrying edc for a couple of months and still looks like new. I think you are abusing the heck out of your light.

far as i am concerned that is a badge of honor , pelican should proudly display that in there front office

Not exactly, but I can hang pretty well. I'll have to post pics of my Coleman 90 Lumen some time, my real old EDC.

Looking forward to it!

I am a Pelican man, at least for incan's. I had an old 4C flashlight that used a high/low bulb and was focusable (is that a word?). When the switch would not work on it anymore, I called to see if I could get the parts for it. I was told that I could not get the parts and that they would replace it with the equivalent light (4C) that they had, which was no longer the high/low focusing, but is brighter than the old 4C on high. I figured I'd go with it and they sent it out to me, no cost to me, even sent me the postage to send the old light back to them (in the same box I think). Can't go wrong with that. Oh, I forgot to mention that the light was well over 10 years old at the time and had gotten a little beaten up by being in the trunks of my cars over the years (though nowhere NEAR as beaten as the one that started this thread, mine was MINT compared to that ). So, yes Pelican has excellent CS. My only argument is that like the other high $ guys, they don't seem to keep up with the latest LED technology, so I opted for SF when I went with my first good LED. And I don't believe Pelican uses a standard P60 drop-in so you can't change drop-ins when something better comes along (they don't even sell replacement proprietary drop-ins for their current line-up, as of the last time I looked them up, which has been some time). Edit: I am talking about their LED line-up, their incan line-up they do sell the replacement drop-ins.

If your switch is iffy, then give them a call and have them replace it. I don't think they'll argue with you.