This paricular aaa light (Hugsby XP1) (I'm very impressed)

One last question, is the clip reversible for cap use?

I would say yes.

The standard position for the clip is 13.43mm wide & there it really sits hard, the reverse position is more narrow at 11.55mm there it sits less hard but not loose, and if you want you could narrow the clip for a tighter fit.

I am very impressed
First of all I would like to say thanks to all who replied to me about this Hugsby XP1 light

I received my light and I have to say it feels as good as my Fenix E05 (or better)

I am extremely happy with how the thread feels especially when it’s butter smooth even without lube
The o rings are a confident waterproof fit
Also this is my first light that has ar coated lens on it.

and I think I got the XPE2 led in it?
after doing some aspheric zoom beamshots I confirmed the looks of it. No bond wires :smiley:

Picture made the tint looks ugly but I love how organic the color is.
It did have the typical purple spill on the side but the hotspot is one of the prettiest whites I’ve seen. (I’m guessing the ar lens contributes to the purple spill)

I guess I don’t even want to mod it anymore by looking at how pretty this light was built.

Nice Pictures, thanks for sharing!

Still waiting for mine to arrive.

and I really like the look of it so yesterday I made an order of it´s brother P31 :bigsmile:

I don’t remember if i have said this already. but when you change the battery on the Hugsby XP-1 remove the head and leave the tail part in place.

I didn’t at first & the very stiff & sharp tail spring dug in & scratched the bottom of my Eneloop AAA’s :frowning:

I noticed that problem too when I used mine
fortunately it only scratched my dying tesco alkalines :smiley:

Plus it’s kinda annoying to remove the tailcap because the clip is on the way.

Thanks for the notice though :smiley:

Update:

Took my XP1 on a night walk in the fields and I am extremely surprised the colors on this new xpe2 led makes things pop.
It’s not organic on greens but the browns and reds are definitely new to my eyes

Oh and not to forget this is officially my brightest single aaa light.
Thanks BLF members XD

I just received two of these from Ali. Decent but mine are not that bright compared to my SS Maratacs and they are both on the cool side. Reflectors in both appear to be smooth. Not sure what emitters are in these. I’m thinking of ordering a few more from somewhere else that are a little warmer and have an OP reflector. Any suggestions of where I should get them

Sounds like you got one of the fakes that seem to have appeared recently. Can you post a photo?

Don’t know how to post pics cuz I’m old!!! Pretty sure you are right and these are fakes. Comparing mine to the pics early in this thread: My tailcap spring is silver, different clip, smooth reflector and the threads came dry as a bone. Probably give these away to friends.

Bummer fishx65. Can you give us the vendor name so we avoid them?

I bought all mine from TomTop and LiteTeck. All were original (not fakes).

Sure, I picked these up from Aliexpress for a little under 5 bucks each. Maybe I should have known because of the cheap price!!! :slight_smile:

I’ve also been buying mine from tomtop sales on ebay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/5x-Hugsby-XP-1-AAA-CREE-XPE-R3-LED-120LM-9cm-Lamp-Clip-Mini-Flashlight-Torch-/400875257162?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d5606fd4a
Price is pretty decent in groups of 5. Bought 25 so far from this vendor, checked them all and they appear to be originals with nice threads and switches, consistent brightness. Last 5 arrived in late May so things may have changed but I’d go there again if I needed more XP-1s.

Thanks, I just went ahead and ordered one from Tomtop. I’m kinda curious to see how a real one performs!!!

But which vendor on Aliexpress. My purchases have also been through Aliexpress from the 2 vendors I specified above. I too paid less than $5.

Looks like the name of the vendor was Explore002.

This looks exactly like the ones I got on Aliexpress:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hugsby-New-XP-1-CREE-XP-E-LED-300Lm-Tactical-Pocket-Flashlight-Black-Torch-Lamp-/301594207540?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item46386a6534

Maybe the clip is how we can spot the fakes?

Hey all. I just opened a new thread about the XP-1 and XP-2 but then realized I should chime in on this thread too. I bought 6 total from tomtop on eBay. 5 XP-1s and 1 XP-2. 4 of the 6 have noticeably off center emitters. Off by like 1mm which is quite noticeable on these little guys. I see no signs that mine are fakes and other than the off-center emitters they are very nice little lights. If you get a chance please check out the other thread Hugsby XP-1 / XP-2 issues and tell me if you’ve seen the same.

Thanks everyone! Just got the one from Tomtop on E-bay and it is the real deal. Gonna order a bunch more cuz these are very nice little AAA torches. Pretty easy to tell the fakes if you look at the link I posted above. The leds in the fakes are so bad they remind me of the old angry blue Nichas.

This real Xp-1 is definitely brighter then my Stainless steel Maratacs.

After further inspection though 4 are off center only 2 have any noticeable effect on the beam pattern. All work fine and no doubt these are a great value. On the worst 2 in my 5 piece lot you can see that the hotspot is not exactly in the middle but it’s still very usable. I’m just a little picky about these things. You have to actually be looking for it to notice the hotspot is off a tiny bit. Had a paid $25 for one I would have sent it back if it were one of the worst off-center but at roughly $5 each I’m very happy. I gifted one of the off center lights to a friend and he loves it.