Thorfire 5000 mah 26650 cells

I must admit I’ve lost all faith I had for Thorfire, I’m sure they have some good products, but what else are they lying about?
I don’t trust them anymore…

Every protected xx650 cell I’ve seen is 68-72mm long. Very few below 69mm and the ones that are were on the lower end of capacity.

I am not saying that my cells are protected.
I have flat tops that are 66.6mm long & l-w has button tops that are 66.6mm long but they are supposed to be the same cell ?

I would guess that it’s the same thing that went on with Basen cells. Several variations between batches/sources/etc. I haven’t followed these ThorFire cells too closely, has capacity been checked and found to be varying as well?

The problem I see with Protected Batteries is the inability to easily test their viability. For the novice or less experienced user, manufacturers are promoting a safety feature that for many users is not in the best interest of the public safety.

One need only look at the prices between protected and non-protected batteries to see that the addition of this label and an inexpensive addition to a circuit is a large money maker.

The ability to decipher a scam which a pure marketing decision for increased profit is always an on going exercise whether in flashlights or other products.

An investment in a users understanding of flashlights and their batteries is worth more than a marketing description of a ‘Protected Battery’.