Thorfire C8 Mod (Question)

I bought 4 Thorfire C8’s a while back when I could pick them up for $8 a piece. Gave a few away as gifts and was getting ready to give another way. Took it out of the box and put a cell in it to make sure it was working properly. It didn’t light up. Checked the tail spring, fine. Checked the emitter, fine. Pulled the driver, wires from the LED aren’t even soldiered to the driver. So I grabbed another C8 out of the box, tested it and sent it to a new home. Now I was just going to fix those wires and be done with it. Then I realized I have never really modded a light. I have always just used them as is. Except for spring bypasses I had never done anything to them. So I was thinking a triple looked like it would be pretty easy to pull off with my limited resources.

Figured I would order a Noctigon XP32 with 3 Nichia’s 219C 5000k 80+ cri, a MTN-17DDm, haven’t decided on the firmware yet, and a Ledil Triple lens. Pretty straight forward I assume. The only thing I don’t have is the spacer that I will need. I don’t have any machine shop equipment to make my own. So my question is. Is there somewhere that sells spacers for this particular use?

kirabu may be able to help. I cant find his thread but it is usually on the first few pages.

+1

Thank you so much. I will shoot him a PM. My son is graduating college pretty soon and I wanted to give him something unique. He has a love for lights too. He is like me and collects and uses them but doesn’t mod or anything. I am going to strip the anodizing off of it, clean it and smooth it up real good, put a cool Cerakote job on it and finish it off with some old school pin striping. Once I get the colors and striping down on paper think I will make him a nice custom display box for it as well. Not sure what I will make it of yet. Depends on what will look good with the colors going down on it.

Thanks again for yall’s help. I’m sure I will have more questions along the way. By the way it’s looking I think it will be fairly straight forward.