ThorFire Cree XP-L2 TK15 At Amazon $8.96

You say that like it’s a bad thing…

“Gee, I can’t really give this as a gift… I guess I will just have to keep it!”

Open up the front (bezel should unscrew pretty easily, remove the reflector, jiggle around the LED to seat it if it’s not centered (and not glued down), then gently put the reflector back over the LED, then reassemble it, and slooooowly snug up the bezel. Ie, make sure the reflector’s seated squarely on the LED and isn’t angled somewhat. Once snug, give it another shot.

I recently grexed about one of the SP10As I got as being waaaay too tight and scratchy on the tailcap. Wasn’t getting better even after finger-smearing the lube all around the threads. But now, it’s fine. Might’ve been some grit on the threads, or bulges in the ano, that got worn down, who knows. Either way, it threads/unthreads just fine now.

Normally, I used to pretty much field-strip all my lights upon receipt, remove the O-rings, glass, reflector, everything, and go over every last damned thing in detail, then thoroughly clean all the threads, relube, and reassemble.

Pfft. Must’ve gotten lazy, as I haven’t done that in a long time. Most lights come out of the box… “okay”… but not fine-tooth-combed like I’d normally do. Occasionally you find scratchy threads, a missing O-ring, other issues that Average Joe normally wouldn’t even care about.

So… wipe ’em down with a tissue, get all the lube off, scrubbing down into the threads, into all the little valleys, both on the tube and in the cap. The tissue used to wipe down the threads should come out gray if not black with “dirt”. Repeat ’til the tissue more or less comes out clean. Then relube both. Scratchiness should go away.

The specs say “Low voltage indication: 2 blinks per second when voltage lower than 2.8V” but it never blinked even when it was very dim. The battery voltage taken immediately after I took it out of the flashlight was 2.6v. I forgot to mention this as a negative since if it says it has LVP then it very well should have it.

In case anyone is interested I tested the reverse polarity protection and it worked fine. I inserted a battery backwards, clicked the switch to turn it on (nothing happened), reinserted the battery correctly and pressed the switch to turn it on (it came on).

Mine blinked 3 times, and kept on going. When I took the cell out, it showed 3.2V.

If you loosen the cap and tighten it back on, and switch the light on, it’ll blink 3 times again.

I already sent it back lol, I posted a pic a few posts up you can see the missing anodizing from the threads, and its on tailccap too, even after cleaning and relube it felt like it was partially stripped, so I will just get something else, I like all my other thorfires, but this sample didn’t cut it imo.

Seems like there have been changes since I got mine last year. I don’t have LVP blinks and when I loosen the tail cap and then tighten it back it will blink slowly until I click the switch again.

I like yours better than mine :slight_smile:

FYI, standby/parasitic drain is 200µA. Nothing to be alarmed about, but quite a bit higher than some of my other lights. For example, my Utorch UT01 draws only 14µA at standby. Loosen the tail cap if you are not going to be using it for a while or take the cell out.

Mine did that once, but all other times it just blinked 3 times and then stayed on steady.

Cool….learning mode built into the light :slight_smile:

I just tested mine again and it blinked for over a minute before I got tired of it doing so and so turned the light off. It would be great if mine stopped after 3 blinks but in the end it’s not a huge issue for me.

Got mine 2 days ago and can’t say I’m impressed. Build quality seems good, but it has the following problems:

Same green ring in the beam pattern that others have reported

It randomly does the slow blink when I loosen then tighten the tailcap. It usually functions normally when the cap is tightened, but once every four or five times it goes into slow blink mode when I tighten the cap and doesn’t stop until I press the switch.

The LED stays dimly lit as long as there is a battery in the flashlight. It started doing this this morning. Dimmer than moonlight, but it is definitely lit as it goes out if I loosen the tail cap. I’m trying to decide if this is a good thing for a nightstand lite or if I need to send it back.