Thorfire s70s Parasicit drain question.

Okay I’ll check that out and probably create an account. It is free right? It’s not going to charge me to make an account? Thank you

It’s free as far as I remember. That was a long time ago.

OK. I’m just sitting here playing around with my new MI boxer charger charging some NiMH cells and comparing the time it takes compared to the D4. I have the C4-12. Idk if that’s their only charger or not but I wasn’t expecting to be able to charge 4 26650s at the same time! It’s awesome. Glad I bought it. I’m charging some EBL brand 2800mAh double a and it’s charging them at 1 amp. Isn’t that a little high? Also will you let me know if anyone responds to that Q8 post thing you did? 70 bucks is kinda pricey for me right now. Only can work max 22 hours or I lose all insurances. But that’s life what can I do (other than get me another light) :wink:
Plus the cost of batteries. I always buy as many cells as I need at once because I think you save the more you buy if I remember correctly from IMR batteries.
Been a while since I bought me some new cells

I don’t ever charge that style of battery so I can’t say for sure if 1 amp is too much. You can always set it to a lower charge rate if you want to. Push the button to select the battery and then hold it down until you see the charging rate start to flash and then you can click the button to go through the different charge rates. When you find the rate you want just stop on it and after about 3 seconds the charger will switch to that rate.

Thanks. I figured that out by reading. I only really use aa for my little thorfire. I was looking around on banggood and I found a Sofirn SP35 that is pretty much the same style as the thorfire (which I like) except the Sofirn runs on 3 18650 cells. Was wondering if you have ever used or read anything good about that light?

I have a bunch of rechargeable C batteries (sorry to keep changing things up on ya), but I can’t seem to find any flashlights that run off of a single C battery. I’ve been looking everywhere and if it’s on the forum here, I’m not seeing it.

I was just kinda curious like for the people that don’t like the lithium batteries or just don’t want to use them, is there anything at all that uses a single C or even D cell?
Them triple C cell battery lights are pretty large length wise and heavy.
Just curious. I’m more really into that Sofirn light tbo. You don’t gotta worry about them C cell lights if ya don’t wanna.

Sofirn SP35 Review.

So sorry to keep bugging you but this is about PayPal. Should I give them my number for the fraud (texts, phone calls and stuff?)
And that light wow lol. It fell apart

Yeah I’m wanting the Q8. Problem is it’s kinda pricey for me right now. I could afford it but it’s 70 bucks on Banggood. I thought it was selling for 50 something?

Sure. The address will be s shipping address for things you buy. Make sure it’s accurate. I’ve gotten tracking numbers sent to me in a text message for things I’ve bought. It’s pretty handy.

And done! Now or for now I’m gonna go ahead and order that sofirn 26650 light from banggood I believe you sent me the link to? I’ll find it. It’s only like 23 bucks. Once I get back up on my feet and working again I’ll go for that Q8! I’ve seen it’s pretty awesome. Lots of mode settings I’ve read also. Thanks for the ideas with the lights. Is Sofirn a new brand? They seem very similar to the thorfire lights in a way.

Oh also David Robo was telling me about “group buys” and certain companies doing flash sales or something like on Amazon maybe? Any idea how that works?

I can’t stand zoomies! Haha. I used to have a couple I got from aliexpress and they’re total crap. Gave em to my cousin who loves em but I got rid of them ultrafire cells.

Here is a review on the SP33.

It was on the Sofirn Aliexpress site.
http://s.aliexpress.com/7Bj2Aj2i

I think Sofirn is maybe a couple years old. I don’t really know. I’ve never bought any of their lights.

I do know a lot about group buys. They can get you a very good price, but the tradeoff is it’s a brand new light which may have issues, there could be unforeseen delays in production or shipping, manufacturer support and information during the group by could be severely lacking and they can be all around quite frustrating.

It does depend a lot on the particular light in the group buy and who is running the group by. Typically they will start well before the light is first available for sale so you rarely get any reviews. So if you think you can handle all these potential problems, then you might try out a group buy. If any of these things sounds off-putting you might be better off just waiting for it to be available for retail sale and maybe get a coupon code to bring the price a little bit closer to the group buy price. Group Buys are not for everyone.

I ended up just going ahead and ordering the Q8 off banggood. I only have one Sofirn light the C8F (forgot if I already told you) but yeah I was talking with David about the group buys but we never got into all the potential frustrations and everything you just mentioned. That would be irritating to me big time. Besides I like seeing and reading the reviews. Like that 3 18650 cell sofirn light you sent me the link to. The reviewer shook the light and it fell apart. That’s a no go for me.
I heard the Q8 had issues on its first batch with stripped screws and off centered LEDs and what have you, but then I guess they fixed that problem with batch 2.

I do not plan on modding the Q8 at all so unless it’s broken or has a huge donut hole, it should be good for me. Already got the email that it’s shipped out and I should have it by April 7th. That’s a lot quicker than all my Aliexpress experiences lol

Some early Q8’s had the head of the screws mangled, the threads were fine.

Some of the leds are not perfectly centered as it’s very hard to get them to settle on the mcpcb exactly the same. It was never an issue and never had any visable effect.

The only real issue earlier models had was a bad switch pcb that made the leds light up at different brightnesses or not light up at all. That was fixed a long time ago. Thorfire switched to a completely new switch design.

Hi All,

I recently purchased the Thorfire S70S and am using it with the EBL 26650 batteries. It is a great flashlight and was coming to great use but one day while on a walk it just stopped working. At first I thought the battery drained out, I put in the spare set and it didn’t work as well.

I still recharged my batteries all over just to be sure but no, it still won’t work.

I tried it again right now and noticed that while screwing the tail end after inserting the batteries, the switch on the side panel flickered green for an instance. I tried screwing/unscrewing it, seems like a loose circuit/connection.

I am a total novice at this and was searching for possible solutions and thats where I landed up on this forum.

What could be the possible issue for this to happen, and what should I do to rectify it.

Thank you!

Hi. Also somewhat novice but have you tried any different batteries (different brands)?
IDK much about how the side switch works. I haven’t had any problems with my S70S. I’m using high drain AWT unprotected cells and some protected Keeppower 26650s with no problems. Maybe ask JasonWW about your problem. He seems to know a lot about side switches. I think he did a similar mod to his L6 with the glowy side switch. Don’t quote me on that though.

Have you tried cleaning contacts? Or even tightening retaining ring (if this light had one. I’m sure it does). That’s what I usually try when my lights go out or kinda start to flicker.

Try putting the batteries in and use some wire instead of the tail cap. Go from battery negative end to the raw aluminum on the tube. This will bypass the rear switch and any connection issues it may have.

Jason is that what you did with your L6? I kinda don’t like the forward clicky momentary on that my L6 has. I like how the S70S is setup. Or even just the side switch like you just said.

Sorry for kinda just throwing your name out there. I just remember watching a few of your YouTube videos so figured maybe they would message you or something. I know I was pretty much no help at all sorry guys.

I’m not sure what your asking.

On my L6 I swapped in a driver that let’s you control on/off with the side switch, similar to the S70s. Then the rear switch only functions as a mechanical lock out for storage and transport.