Thorfire VG10 on sale again $9.99 at Amazon

Yeah same, I think from his description the switch is faulty. :cry:

The switch on this light is inconsistent and does not like to be over torqued.
Sometimes when you chose high and then push full click to lock the mode it steps back to Med. mode, drives me nuts that way. Wonā€™t do it 4 out of 5 times one day then next day does it 3 times out of 5.
Only on high mode does this step back occur, so maybe something is going on at that amperage.

I switched the button to a green one and left just a little nub in the center as opposed to the stock one where the nub is almost totally flat and that seems to help the switching errors but did not eliminate it.

Overall the flashlight still has a nice feel to it.
Thorfire has the best blow out deals, thatā€™s for sure.

Later,
Keith

Got the one from Amazon today (Still waiting on one I ordered a few weeks ago from Banggood). Just looking it over, and a quick function check. Fairly cold tint, some imperfections in the lens (I see I have a spare, though), a little scratch in the reflector, no grease. It does have the 17mm driver (Same as the C8s), that takes well to a resistor mod. Forward clicky. Typical goodie bag with spare switch, cap, lens, o-rings, and lanyard. Came with a holster, I wasnā€™t expecting. And of course the Happy Card :blush: Curious to see if the one from Banggood is the same.
Canā€™t complain for $10.

^ interesting as mine has 0 imperfections. The tint is certainly cold, like the first generation XM-L2 in my Ultrafire C8. Real nice usable beam pattern I must say.

Got mine today and i must say this is a killer deal.

$10 light that comes with extra lens AND switch! (and other stuff we never use)

works great, zero flaws.

It did come with forward clicky switches, its not a deal breaker, i may see if these can go in some other lights i have as i do like momentary on.

This thing would be great with a direct driver to really get the mega boosters out of it.

so is this deal US only?

Believe it was limited to US Amazon, but it's all over now anyway, least for now. Sometimes they come back quick, depending on stock I guess.

It was available at BG a couple weeks ago for $11.04, but the price has now increased. I asked for a new code but the best they would give me at the moment is $15.00.

I did a little modifying to my vg10 today. I pretty much followed vwpieces with his upgrade. The shelf was well machined, I didnā€™t lap it. No folded note under the mpcb :+1: XM-L2 U4 1C ,on noctigon. Springs bypassed. I stacked 2 R100ā€™s on the current resistor, and changed the switch to a omten reverse clicky.
On a 30Q at 4.2v. Stock, I was getting 2.8a on my DMM, with heavy leads. After upgrades 3.75a.

The original lens has like bubbles right in the center, and itā€™s noticeable wall hunting. The spare is clear. I havenā€™t changed it, yet.
Overall, pretty impressed.

Itā€™s back! Coupon code still works! Just ordered oneā€¦

The SlickDeals code from the OP? Doesn't work for me.

Same here, SQYPGBB4 code didnā€™t work.

Ok, Mr Pidro. What's up? Same post, no info, no details. You are about to be marked as a spammer if you don't say something insightful here.

Give it up! :smiley:

I like thatā€¦ insightful!! :beer:

Where did you get R100 from?

Iā€™m struggling to source them.

Does it get hot with 3.75a?

Would 4a cook the led ?

Tom E, I really dont know what happened, I posted it during my lunch break and went offline after. Probably a server issue. I will delete the double post.

I used the same code SQYPGBB4.

!!

OK, thanks for letting us know! Is that US Amazon? Can you post the exact link to the VG10 listing on Amazon? I can't find it listed at $19.98, as you have there. Only listing I can find is with the batt/charger for $29.99: https://www.amazon.com/ThorFire-Tactical-Flashlight-Torch-Modes/dp/B00NUPHDG6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1481716407&sr=8-2&keywords=thorfire, and on this listing, the code doesn't work.

I believe I got my resistors from Mouser. I canā€™t remember, itā€™s been awhile.
A quick google turned up these R100 and I believe Fasttech has them.

It doesnā€™t get too hot, at least not to hot to hold in the 5+ minutes I ran it on high. It does transfer heat to the body well. I should probably get some new thermal compound, what I have is 10+ years old. It was the best in itā€™s time :person_facepalming:
From what Iā€™ve read, some get over 5+amps from these U4 ledā€™s on DD. I may be getting close to 4a if tested with a clamp meter. I would be more worried about the driver failing, but I have a C8s, same driver, same resistor mod, that has been running for a year with no problems.

Has anyone successfully built a triple with this light as yet?

Got any pictires of the board after you added the resistors.

I've never attempted it but I am willing to try it if I can get the parts and don't screw up what I'm soldering them on.