ThorFire Waterproof Bike Headlights Needs 10 reviewers!US only!

Hi I sent an email to you , I’ll do an honest review!

Email sent. It looks like a much needed upgrade to my bike light.

Email sent

email sent, i am a 5 year user of bike LED lights…
plus past thorfire reviewer.

wle

Just curious. Anybody get a light sent or shipping notification or anything besides am email asking if you could do an Amazon review?

received a light today, review done and posted.

Post a link to review please……… :slight_smile:

here ya are my friend: Review : Thorfire BL30 bike light !!!

Hi - are there any plans to sell this in the UK? I have a number of cycling friends who are keen on getting a decent light.

SP

I placed my order last week, on Thursday Amazon states the order is being prepared for shipment, since last Thursday. Expected delivery date is 9/1 tomorrow.

I had seen that and that’s why I was asking. Thorfire asked for 10 reviewers, I sent them email, they replied asking if i could do Amazon review, I replied yes. That was a week ago and nothing since.

Did you receive it from them in exchange for review? I didn’t even see your name in this thread.

for me, they said ok fine, here is a code for amazon which will make it free, but the code did not work, so far.
(this process did work however, for their pf04 2xAAA penlight.)
wle

isn’t on uk/amazon?

these LED li-ion lights have been around for like 7 years - but no bike store or big chain seems to want to carry them.

totally baffling

i think it is the ‘lithium factor’ - “omg someone got his face blown off” - (which is just vapers and incompetent modders…)

wle

Yeah. I never got that reply even though I asked if they were going to do it via promo code on Amazon (because I did the PFO4 review they’d offered exactly as you said you’d done). Oh well, maybe they changed their mind. Kinda flaky

wle I sent you a PM.

the first amazon code they sent did not work, i told them, they sent another one and that worked
$0.00 total cost, free shipping [may be due to me being amazon prime though]

i’m going to review it AND i am a night cyclist AND i have used cheap LED /Li-ion lights for at least 5 years
batteries tend to go bad
but they are great til then

wle

Good for you! I guess either my email just fell off their radar after their initial reply or they got their 10 reviewers before they got back to me. Noticing one or 2 that got the light, but didn’t reply on this thread necessarily. I guess they just emailed directly.

Oh…

Maybe the mail was banned,I sent you a PM,please kindly note that.

Didn’t know if you wanted a link to other reviews or just saypat’s , but here is the review I did on the BL30 if you (or anyone) is interested.

Well based on the pictures and beam shots, it looks pretty much like every other cheap 2x some likely Cree LED, claiming around 1500 lumens, with about 8000mA battery pack on the market.

Like nearly all the others, it has a basic reflector flashlight optic that produces a completely non-ideal beam pattern with too much foreground light, trees that are lit up with no useful purpose, and spill everywhere that blinds on-coming cyclists, pedestrians, and even motorists.

Like all similar lights, it gets good reviews on Amazon as it is more useful than the typical $30 bike shop lights, but then again, the reviewers likely have not had it shining in their eyes … or used a bike light with a properly designed beam pattern.

Unfortunately, 99% of the companies who make these have 0 optical design experience and hence this is what you end up with.

Looks like a pretty uninspiring design that is pretty much the same (including the optics, battery pack, connector, mounting method), of lights that can be had as low as $25-30, but then again you can pay a lot more too.