Thorfire

I was very impressed with the C8s that you sell but more impressed with the body of the light. It would be nice if you would sell this as a host as well because I like the build a lot better than any other C8 that’s out there. The thumb groove in the tailcap is great as well as the finish and the knurling on the body.

I agree its a great light!

I recall reading some time ago about thorfire not getting the deserved attention from its customers just because they’re not familiar with the name or it sounded chinese to them. As thorfire has grown a lot and has proven to offer quality products at decent prices, I would highly suggest they do a complete refresh of their brand image… Maybe not so much about the brand name itself but the logo and ad material. Take a look at Nitefighter, huge sales bump after renaming to Revtronic and changing to a modern logo.

I’d have to agree. I don’t mind the name Thorfire, but the logos look too cluttered. There’s the torch thing with light rays coming off of it and then the wing above the name. IMO I’d ditch the torchy thing and just leave the Thorfire name with the wing. Seems to flow better. But, whatevs…I have several and like them all, so they can add 2 more logos and I’ll still buy them.

my Thorfire C8 is my fave of that model i have. I really like the quality, Matte-Black anodizing, modes, and build features.

There isn’t normally that much difference between the functioning light and the host in this price bracket so I would just buy one anyway.

The trouble with the name Thorfire is that there’re a ridiculous number of other cheap light’s that have similar sounding name’s ending in ‘fire’.

There is a ridiculous number of people out there who believe that the most important aspect of a brandname is that it contains the characters “fire”. And as long as the leading “good-fire” brand sells well, why not join the bandwagon.

I have Thorfire lights and they are amazing. Not sure who actually manufactures lights in Asia, who rebrands them, who is just a distributor , and so on - but Thorfire appears to be of higher quality than others.

A shame that …fire is in the name, I bet many consumers don’t know the difference between Ultra, Best, Wind, xxx or Thorfire.

edit: What I meant is, if a consumer buys an Ultrafire product and is disappointed they may avoid Thorfire. Which wouldn’t be an appropriate but likely reaction.

This seems to be how marketing works these days. Rather than boldly doing your own thing you join in with the masses and hope you’re not the next one to get bumped off of the flight. “Thor-Light” would sound better to me but I ain’t got no college degree in marketing so what do I know?

As long as they keep the quality up they can call them anything they want and I wouldn’t care.

Phil

it all began with the chinese wanting to cash-in on the success of America’s “Surefire” brand name, ( this topic should confirm that theory: - The great list of "****fire" Flashlights. ) I have a few Thorfire lights, and the quality & features are top notch.They really should have their own unique name as Nightcore, Fenix, Olight, and the other premium manufacturers have. the word “fire” in the name is holding them back.

Since the Q8/logo poll I cannot under the eye of Sauron in Thorfire logo lol

They should rename themselves:

Ljos

This is the old English-Old Norse translation of Light from HERE on page 89…

Plus it has Djozz’s name in it… LOL

Have will34 do their logo…

I agree on most of their lights like the C8s and TG06 are top of the class for me.

They definitely make some of the best stuff. A bonus too that they are sold on Amazon!