Thoughts on the ultrafire c8?

Just ordered another light for my ever growing collection. I have almost 40 lights now - is something wrong with me? hahah! Anyways I ordered this one Amazon.com

C8 1000 lumen 5 modes

I realize that in reality it will probably run about 500-600 lumens but for only 10 bucks shipped cant beat it!

I’ve got one that I’ve modded now. It’s a decent light and good mod host.
Mine had an xre to start, then an xml it now has an xpg2. Xpg2 in the xre reflector makes a nice beam.

It’s not the best c8 host you can get but like you said for the price it’s great. You’ll be happy with it.

Is it real UltraFire or fake UltraFire?
:stuck_out_tongue:
Should be good though, as they were once $ 39.99 (which is the highest price I ever seen for a C8…)

How can I tell if its real or fake? Also, are there any drop in mods that might be able to boost the output a bit?

Heres a pic. Really have no idea if its real or fake

It won’t matter if it’s real or fake. It will be a good light.

You can post a picture of the driver here and someone will chime in on how to mod it.

If you want to you can replace the xml emitter with an xml2 for some gain in brightness.

There’s a c8 addicts thread with lots of useful information here too.

Not necessarily. I’ve seen a few examples of cheap Ultrafire c8’s not even worth modding. Not worth the risk imo. I’d just go the safe route and pay a bit more for a known great-quality convoy flashlight or host.

Hopefully OP does get a good one though, but I not you get to deal with amazon which has always been easy for everyone I’ve heard from.

I don’t know.
I don’t think anyone can…