Thread Hijacking & Ignore button

feilox wrote:
Just like to say I really enjoyed this thread and the comradery that many members have. I know a few of us are very tolerate while others aren’t. One big PEEVE, I been having which seems to me asof lately, there has been a TON of ‘thread hijacking’ with buddy padding SPAM.

A guy asked a honest question related to the thread and five members chime in on one stupid comment. I wish there was an ignore button again. Like one was about XX flashlight, then 5 members go member XX is alive & well. WTF does that have to do with the thread? Seriously use PM for your relationships, instead of spamming threads?

Examples: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/15821 stitches, yea very good troll analogy?

Since it was me that terminally, totally and completely derailed that thread, I’d like to offer my solemn, sincere and heart felt apologies for ruining an important post.

I’d like to, but I’m not going to. Tongue

Seriously, lighten up! Sb didn’t seem to mind the unintentional trolling, it didn’t I feel detract from the thread, a thread that went up at the start of the month by the way, your moaning about it now?

SB is pretty easy going, but I could see where it really ruined the point of the thread. It was the begining of the end. Just sayin...

As cone said, whilst we can derail threads better than leaves on a British train line, no-one EVER stuffs up someone’s problem before the problem has been dealt with. To be fair, sometimes the resulting conversation nets further help as more join in.

Would you prefer it if threads ran :-

“i need an 18650 edc”

http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10002364/1195007-convoy-s3-cree-xm-l-…

End of thread?

That strikes me as a little boring don’t you think? Puzzled

Boring to some

I think everyone has belittled the OP enough now.

Well. I hope Feilox doesn’t feel like that is what has been happening. I know I didn’t intend that. This is just a friendly discussion among friends. The fact that we all don’t see the world the same way can’t change that simple concept. We’re still pals, right, Feilox?

I hope nobody is trying to belittle him, we (at least me) are just joking, no need to explain… A bit of humor

I prefer threads in copper, .5 mm pitch is nice, difficult perhaps, but not for the guy who did these. Anyone recognise the work?

!!

Ive always enjoyed free conversation culture, Ive stayed around only around those forums, that dont have any guidelines others than no hatred, violence, illegal activities and no or very little moderation.

Seriously, if you really want your thread to stay ultra clean, then say so in opening post and you should be safe ;)!

Other than that, I love to see when free and open forum like BLF goes off-the-path and discussion takes new turn :D!

Long live freedom of BLF :D!!!

I seem to have forgotten the issue, something about threads within threads? Is that right?

!!

^ Sometimes, subtle is the most funny.

I’ve been too ing and fro ing over this, and, well. Sorry feilox.I was a little irritated that I was seemingly singled out as a thread hijacker, especially since the example link was I feel, not representative of the typical forum me, it simply “happened”. Hence my comment later in the thread about trolls, I belatedly realised I’d completely derailed thread, not intentionally, but I had all the same.

I still stand by my earlier comment though, the true power of this forum is our ability to chat amongst ourselves, I was very touched by the concern shown for an anonymous person on the interweb, same as I have been touched by the forums response to a member in difficulty.

Would that sense of camaraderie exist if we didn’t all relax and shoot the breeze amongst ourselves? Maybe, maybe not. I don’t see that the thread Nazi style of cpf has its place here, it just doesn’t fit the majority of members or the feel of the forum, the forums strength is the relaxed attitude of the majority.

So, once again, sorry feilox, I possibly reacted badly to being singled out, my apologies, I’ll try to be more sensitive in future.

Graham. :slight_smile:

A thing a beauty. Nice photo!

Wait’ll you see the rest of her! :wink:

It’s this easy going comraderie that has me here now, with only an occasional check in to the other place as need be for “bidness”

What other place?

You know, sacriledge to mention the name of the other place, those hostile creatures that gather together to mock the newcomers and sell their wares. The powered candles, or whatever.

I use em for what I need em for so only go to a select few threads anyway, haven’t really run into the problems. Then again, I’m a relative newcomer so probably missed something.

I think the problem is with your set ..

we haven't totally taken over your mind yet .. do not adjust your set ...hey ..i said Don't adjust your set ...

you're now entering the...

damn-it .!!!.. I said don't touch the horizontal ..

never mind ..

And another thing to add to what Ive said:

I really, really dont understand people who do post-whoring and are real attention whores who desperately seek for attention with their threads that add nothing to this forum other than worshipping ones own lack of skills(regarding topics content and visual quality of such topic/its contents) yet such persons manage to gather lots of attention from other BLF’ers…
Thats what Im curious about, since when this place started to worship quantity over quality :D?
Srsly, there are some horrible, really shitty threads, but somehow many of the most active members here choose to join such threads and post them almost on a daily basis, wow :D!

The old saying goes something like this, one mans trash is another mans treasure. So what you might find to be a horrible thread others mind find spot on. And vice verse. There’s no accounting for it.

Like I might stare into that wacky spiral up above and be mesmerized by it. My wife can walk by and see it and get nauseated.

I like a tiny light that surprises with it’s output, others like massive lights that take straps to carry around. Just a matter of personal taste and the point in time each is located in his own personal trip into the twilight zone. :wink:

Example - Dale posted in Xiotis(?) artistic thread his owns “creations”… Those two do not compute - dark, grainy, blurry phone camera pictures versus Xiotis(?) posted high quality, artistic approach DSLR made pictures :D!
If Dale bought at least cheapest tripod for his phone and then added some more light to the room to give his camera ability to pick up the object better, it would vastly improve both quality and value of pictures+use more than a one location to usually show his lights at.
So far Ive noticed only Mr-Blurry cam or worse quality images :D!

What would be really awesome thing for Dale to do(besides getting tripod) is this:

Using his awesome throwers, which he has plenty of, to illuminate the room or lights/surrounding properly to add some light+artistic touch so his phone could pick surrounding better ;)!

Fun aside. I just wish some of you create new threads instead of ruining some decent threads that’s all. Using PM (Private Messaging) is possible. I mean it’s not just me but there are dozens of people out there that ask, “recommend me a light” etc… and it gets hijacked. At least have the decency to answer the OP thread before going off on a tagnet that’s all I ask.