Thrower Choices..... Convoy L4 or Convoy C-8...or is there a BETTER Choice Out There??

Hey all,

One thing I don’t have is a THROWER. Back in June you all gave me several recommendations for basic lights for around the house and such and I picked up several of them and I am still using them when I need to. None has failed me, even the cheapo $3 zoom light from Amazon that actually turned out to be kinda cool. It may not be a very good light, but I like it and would like to get it’s bigger brother that takes 1 of the 18650’s and is also a zoom. That’s another topic though.
This is a topic where I want to finally get a nice THROWER.

When I asked a few people I had been PM’ing back and forth with about the best thrower for the money, I was usually told to get the CONVOY C8. Then I had a few more tell me to get the Convoy L4. Apparently they are pretty close spec wise, but one difference that I like is that the L4 has a SIDE SWITCH. I think I would prefer that if all things were equal.

Anyway, before I buy one of these I thought it would be wise to ask and see if there is any other THROWERS in this under $30 price range that I should also be looking at instead of the other 2.

Since I am still a NOVICE at this stuff I don’t 100% know what battery I have in these several lights I have. It is the same cell that I have in my Convoy S2+. I would like to stay with that cell since I have a few of them that are not being used.

So…what THROWER would YOU get if you were given the options I have set forth here? What do you think would be the best for me?

Thanks for the help.

Nalajr

Dude, I love all the Convoys, but the L4 is in a class by itself as far as I am concerned.

The mode-memory, momentary-on feature, plus the build quality, weight, and brightness alone make it an excellent tool. It’s a must-have—and no PWM on any mode.

Mine throws 39,130 kcd—about 40 kcd for such a small light is the cream of the crop for such a small and coat-pocketable little tool! It is well-driven, nicely regulated, handles heat beautifully, and can be counted on to perform with any halfway decent battery (due to that R34 driver). Don’t pass it by. If I had just 3 lights to take with me, it would be one of them.

People are also talking as of late about this light as a great option…

Looks very enticing, but I don’t own it and so can’t compare.

Long story short: Get a XinTD C8 from Hank, you won’t regret it! :wink:

That is a souped up hotrod compared to these “daily driver” type builds

Like comparing a regular street car to a “stock” car…different leagues in themselves altogether

Not saying I disagree with you, however :smiley:

Convoy L4 or XinTD X3. Both are excellent throwers for their size.

If you don’t care about the size… you might want to also consider Yezl Y3, the head diameter is bigger than most C8 and can out throw them easily…it is also under $30 :smiley:

c10 is nice thrower as well
http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10002463/1562702-ultrafire-c10-cree-xm-l-xm-l2-diy-led-flashlight

This is a host without driver or led.

yes and with :

http://intl-outdoor.com/noctigon-xp16-v2-mcpcb-cree-xpg2-s2-2b-led-p-786.html
and
https://www.fasttech.com/products/1127405

you are in the $15 range

But did he know it was just a host, you didn’t point that out. He said he was new to flashlights and I didn’t want him to buy just a host thinking it was a working light.

Get a Jacobs A60 @ ~$12.50, a great first thrower.

Tangsfire C8 at Banggood (~$19) has especially good throw for a C8.

Just missed the group buy on the Yezl Y3 at CNQG, still a great choice though.

The HD2010 is sort of a must have if you're building a collection, too.