thrower lovers what about a 86mm reflector with dedomed XPG2 ?

Hi all

i have found this reflector on KD 86mm(D) x 90mm (H) i want to try it with a dedomed XPG2 to give the best tight long throwing beam

so have any one tried this reflector ? and what is your thoughts about it and generally the reflectors form KD

I think they have been sold out for quite some time. I think I got the last one and it had some damage. It seems like one heck of a thrower. Gave the best throw with a dedomed MT-G2 of all my flashlight reflectors (Not counting spotlight reflectors).

I kind of reviewed it here (Post 49):

nice report you wrote there ImA4Wheelr , i hope KD sells it again i want to make the best thrower there is with this reflector

i think it is back in stock again 86 mm reflector

If you want 'the best thrower there is' you need to be looking at big aspheric lenses, not reflectors. They are not as practical for most normal flashlight uses, but if you want a 2" wide laser beam that's the ticket.

ok comfychair but aspheric lenses gives a bad shap and very bad beam looking

I might be wrong but you won’t get too much out of a larger reflector combined with a small XPG2.
With 86mm you should use a hard-driven dedomed XML2 for about the same throw, much larger hotspot and overall light output.
Dedomed XPG2 is more suitable for not so big reflectors (something like a C8 size or HD2010?)