Thrunite Neutron 2A XM-L - FandyFire HD2011 XM-L T6 - Fenix E21: which do you like more?

Do you know Ultrafire C1? How many light modes have Neutron 2A and Fenix E21? I have read Fenix E21 has 2 modes only?

So you are comparing 1X18650 with 2AA lights? That's probably not a wise thing to do, because the the harder driven 18650 lights will always produce a lot more output than the 2AA lights. Decide which batteries you want to use first and then decide on a light in that class. Do you already own 18650s and a charger? Especially considering your intended purpose I would go with a 2AA light... you can get the batteries anywhere in a pinch.

Do you mean with Fenix E21 I will get less light?

jejejeje, I think you did not understand where I usually go. There I cannot find a AA battery even if I pay a US1000 for one battery. ;)

thanks for your advice.

OK then the question is how much spare batteries you are going to need and you are willing to buy. Good 18650 batteries aren't cheap. Yes the Fandyfire is probably brighter... especially if it pumps 4.5 amps in the emitter direction. (look at the 1st DX review)

I think Fenix E21 has more options than Fandifire? It costs more than the double.

Every flashligths that is using AA batteries, cannot using 18650 rechargable batteries too?

Options ? What do mean by that? Do you mean features? No 18650 lights can not use AA and AA lights can not use 18650 batteries... this is why you should decide which battery system you are going to use first.... and then ask for advice for a specific model.

I'm sorry for my bad english. Sure ... features. I'm buying FandyFire STL-V6 CREE XM-LT6 with a very strong throw and I'd like to buy another flashlight for every day (for traveling only).

The E21 is a good light no doubt... it can run on Alkaline and NiMHs AA batteries. If you should decide on a 2AA format light... this thread might be a good read for you. If you should decide that you need maximum output,you probably end up with some sort of 18650 light. But remember these high outputs come at a price ... short runtime and heat development on turbo might be an issue , especially in the compact form factor like the Fandyfire.

The E21 would be great for throwing in a bag and taking along as you travel. It's also simple enough to where it would be a good loaner light (if that matters).

As was mentioned before, there are lots of good options for a 2xAA light, so I'd poke around a bit just to make sure you get what you really want.

Edit: if you're going to buy the Fandyfire for throw, then I might suggest that your second light be a bit more floody. That way you have more versatility.

Therefore what flashlight do you suggest? Do you know if I can use both as AA as rechargable batteries with the E21?

I'm not sure what you're asking. The E21 can use rechargeable NiMH AA's as well as Alkaline AA and Lithium AA.

As far as I know, the Fandyfire seems to be a 1x18650 light, which means no AA's of any sort for that one.

I don't understand fine if The E21 can use 18650 battery too.

[quote=FoxAdriano]

Unfortunately, the answer to that is no; the E21 can't use the 18650 battery.

I’m asking for a small flashlight but with a good light (but a little bit floodly).

i have the HD2011 and i have run my Neutron 1A with 14500(significant increase in output, surely as bright as a 2A)

the neutron is basically ALL flood with no true hot spot, it just fades all the way out.

the HD2011 does have a very fat hot spot but is still pretty floody. i will say the HD2011 is significantly brighter in my case and i found the tint more pleasing than the Neutron.

the neutron seems like a Pure white where the HD2011 is slightly blue in comparison.

so to sum it up, HD2011 more power and likely more throw and it is Barely any bigger than my 1A. HD2011 just needs a clip!

How much important is a memory mode with a small flashlight? Do you know Nitecore Infilux IFE1 XP-G R5? Is it better thanNeutron 1A? Is its throw enough floodly?

Nitecore Infilux IFE1 XP-G R5? CR123A or 16340 batteries

Is it better than Neutron 1A? 1AA Alkaline or NiMH

Fandy 2011 would be my pick of the 3, but I prefer 18650 over 2AA. I own an E21 and its a good, solid, well made light, but honestly its outclassed by the other 2... 160 Lumens versus 255 / ~500. The E21 also has a tight spot beam pattern, while not really delivering a high lux, far reaching intense-spot. So I find it a marginally useful beam as a result. Too spot/concentrated for close range and not intense enough for throw.

Reading a little, now I know what I like. I have a FandyFire STL-V6 CREE XM-LT6 with a very strong throw, now I'm looking for a flashlight that uses 18650 batteries (or rechargeable CR123A but 18650 is better), so that I can to exchange their batteries. Therefore I'm lookig for a good small flashlight like Fandy 2011 (or a little bit bigger) with a good light, a little bit floody and good run time. A handy, smart and strength flaslight that I will use daily in my treks. My bubget is around US70 but less is better. ;) I hope you can give me the latest suggestions. THANKS