Thrunite TN30 Hot Deal!

+1

Good deals, but I hope they leave. The spamming has been driving me crazy.

It was making me buy more flashlights :frowning:

Yeah they were saying the same thing in three different threads.

If they create more deals, don’t worry, you’ll find out about them. :wink:

Looks like the sales has ended… Wheeeewww!

Aside from the forum spammage, I have received my TN30. Took longer to get shipped than it did to arrive at my door, weekend included (where nothing happens in australia). Shipping was 2 days (or overnight, effectively)

Looks like the TN30 is back at $159

Worth it to those who have gotten it?

I really like mine. I got the NW version, it lights up everything. I was surprised at how far it threw. Wasn’t expecting that out of a flood light. Pure power I guess. Glad that I got it!

Thrunite offers are really hard to beat. They even got the Neutron on discount too. I must resist! :open_mouth:

Yep, same here, just received the NW version today.
Don’t know if I’m ever going to buy a cool white tint again.
You can see everything so much better, especially greenery.
Normally the light goes for $220 - $240, pretty hard not to smile at $159.
Received my light in 5 days, not bad. I’ve read some got it in less time.

I want to buy this TN30, what do I select as postage?

Free Shipping

Free $0.00

USPS/CA Singapore Registered Airmail/DHL + Insurance

$6.00

USPS/CA Singapore Registered Airmail/DHL

$1.00

Looks like Thrunite have more offers on their THrunite shop (or eBay). They posted again here this morning, in spite of their suspension last week by Mr Admin (creating a new account, in breach of the rules).

That thread has gone (presumably because it was marked as spam by enough members). At least this time they posted in the right forum - Commercial Sellers - and just the once.

I’m tempted to go to the new Thrunite forum on their shop site & post some stuff 0:)

My TN30 arrived damaged, the courier recommended I not accept it.

Thread Here

Got my TN30. I am lucky it is not damaged though the packaging is very lousy. Thrunite use old used box for my shipment either. And the box is bigger than the metal box, so basically the metal box just bouncing inside the paper box. Lucky for me it is shipped via DHL, takes only 4 days to reach me, if it was shipped via slow post and takes up 2 to 4 weeks to reach me, I believe it will be damaged before reaching me. Why a branded name can have such lousy shipping?

My TN30 flickered when at LV6, I cleaned the thread and apply some silicon grease, it is working fine now. First impression is TN30 get warm much faster than TN31. It is so floody and throw quite good, TN30 + TN31 really cover all throw and flood applications.

Mine (TN30) came in the wooden box (with aluminium edges, stickers) which people call an ‘aluminium case’. That box was wrapped manually with a layer of cardboard, and a decent amount of tape to hold it together. That was then all placed into a DHL soft bag. Mine arrived in 2 days (4 days from order) and was in perfect shape.

The deep reflector of the TN30 gives it the best throwish beam type but my favourite part of deep reflectors is the usable bright corona. However because its a triple emitter with overlapping reflectors, a fairly large amount of light still escapes through the other reflectors, giving a super wide spill. The spill is wider than my V60C!. So although its a flood machine, with the widest spill, it still does respectably well in the throw department, both interms of brute force, but also with the deeep reflector design.

IMO, its a very well executed light. Thermally, yes it does get warm, but with 30 watts of LED, its to be expected. Getting warm is a good sign, one that doesn’t get warm (but pulls the same power) means the heat is trapped inside.

Im happy with mine, and definitely only in neutral tint.

My Thrunite box is much smaller than those in review, TN30 is put inside holster in the box, printing on the flashlight is not so clear and warranty card is just paper and not plastic card like TN31. Looks like Thrunite cut cost a lot to sell TN30 at current price.
Ya, it is good it gets warm, that means heat is not trapped inside. :slight_smile:

Had my TN30 for a few months now and had the flickering on turbo since day one.

I took apart the battery carrier and removed the yellow coating off the metal plates using autosol and all is fine now.

I just found that the box is exactly same with the box on thrunite-store website as below:
http://www.thrunite-store.com/hot-deal/thrunite-tn30-flashlight.html

Ya, I suspect it is the non-anodizing contact with the battery carrier being not good. Thanks for the advise.

And I actually got CW version as I see my TN31 cool white is actually warmer than I expected.
Lucky for me the CW version of TN30 is also quite warm to me, at least warmer than TK70 and TK35 that i have.