ThruNite XP-G2 upgrade?

I noticed a post on facebook from ThruNite, regarding an upgrade of some of their lights, to XP-G2, and also shows that it has a brighter spot than any other led. Does anyone know more about this upgrade???

Seriously mate, without being disobliging or rude or whatever, do not give thrunite free advertisement/more advert than they need. XP-G2 is brighter and any manufacturer changing its emitters will be brigher.

I am asking if anyone has more info on pricing for example, because on their website there is no mention of (and how you get) the upgrade. Also so far I haven't seen comparisons between let's say an XM-L and a XP-G2, so I am sure there are others who want more info on this... At the end of the day, ThruNite flashlights are not crap, and if a thread is considered advertising, what about the rest of the chinese brands that we daily talk about? It is normal I suppose...

So for a thrower an XP-G2 would have a tighter spot, and thus would be preferred over an XM-L... I hope someone soon will get his hands on one to compare beamshots... :P

The HD-2010 did not do well with this led as it had quiet a large ring. There is a picture in match's thread. https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/10710. I would sugest that a reflector suitable for an XP-G be used to help stop this.

heh nothing personal against you mate. It’s just that this company annoyed the hell out of me with their promo campaign that takes people for complete fools :slight_smile: I just dont like deceptive marketing and deception in general. Makes me really annoyed.