TIR Optic for Utorch S1 mini.

Has anyone replaced the optic in their S1 mini? I would like to try a TIR but unsure of where to get one. Was hoping that someone has already done it and can point me to the exact part I need. Thanks.

Do you not like the beam of the Utorch Mini because it does not throw far outdoors?

Would it be good for a headlamp indoors, since the beam is so nice and floody?

One way to get a TIR is to buy an Olight S1 Mini,
I have a High Cri model, that works great on a hat
I wish the beam was not so narrow, at arms length and indoors.

Yes, not a big fan of the beam. Works great for just around the house stuff. But I was wanting something with just a bit more throw. Not a dedicated mini throwing but make a bit more useful for me outdoors at maybe 30 meters plus. I know Utorch says it’s good out to about 50 meters but I highly doubt that claim. I love the light, just need a different beam. Maybe even a OP reflector would be good too. Just don’t know where or what to get.

Good feedback, I probably would like that beam. I was wearing my S1 Mini as a headlamp while doing tasks that involved working at arms length in a dark room. I found the beam pattern too small, and kept having to reposition my hat to keep the work in my hands illuminated.

RoberB has posted images of his Copper Klarus Mi1c,

it has a reflector and flat glass lens. It produces a small hotspot that trows all the way across his back yard (maybe 20 meters?) and the large spill lights up most of the area. I do think it is probably the most throwing of the 3 options:

1. your fisheye lens (aspheric), least throw, widest most even indoor beam
2. my S1 Mini, good throw, narrower beam, but a bit diffused by the TIR, good multi purpose indoor and close range outdoor, like 10 yards, not 50 meters.
3. reflector version of the Mi1c (titanium or Copper model), narrowest hotspot, most throw, while still having a very wide spill. I would hate it indoors as the hotspot is so small. OTOH, your most likely candidate to throw farther. I still dont think 50 meters is realistic for such a shallow reflector though.

Here is a Utorch Review:
https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/50360
There are no throwing ability as all the light goes sideward. Instead flashlight illuminates a lot of area around. I`d say 15-20meters in turbo is it`s limit.”

imo for your distant throw goals, look for a deeper reflector, maybe a Zebra (but no 16340 option), or one of the many other AA models with longer deeper reflectors. In non budget, CR123/16340, one of the deepest throwiest reflectors I can think of is on the HDS, but it is not my cup of tea. Not just the price, but also the weight, it pretty much requires a belt holster.

Bottom line is, you need a deeper reflector for throw and outdoor use. You are not the first to find the aspheric lens unsuitable outdoors (click link before RobertB quote to see the liquidretro review, he did not like the aspheric outdoors) when throw is needed. otoh, it seems ideal for indoors, although I have not tried one, yet.