Tired of that OTHER forum!

Or embracing he latest “cult light”
I was posting at CP* when any negative remarks about ARC light were severely punished…
when, if you praised anything but Surefire, you were roundly beaten……
when, during the “great Fenix uprising”, if you didn’t gush about Fenix, you were ridiculed….

WELCOME TO BLF….I have found this to be a community of knowledgeable, caring, sensitive, loving people….
:bigsmile:

OTHER forum???

What other forum??? :expressionless:

its an EVIL other forum >)

Whats wrong with the other forum? I reckon your all a bit harsh.
About the horns Dale. The Mrs hasn’t seen any around here for years.

Evil?

To quote Mike Myers in So I Married An Axe Murderer….

“EE-ville……It’s like froowitts of the de-ville….ee-ville”

sorry don’t mean to be harsh.
i’m just joking 0:)

I don’t think that’s the forum being referred to. :slight_smile:

Oh. That one. I cant comment on that one as I haven’t been a member there. It shocked me to hear that Norm was from Gippsland. There’s plenty of nice people in Gippsland plus your odd hillbilly.
That other one is a nice place. :wink:

I agree! I’m a member of that ‘other’ one too. :bigsmile:

What frikkin’ other one?

Oh wait, if it’s the one I’m thinking of……Charlie Papa Foxtrot….

Then yeah, I’m not fond, I had to pass a credit check, in depth personal history check and a psychological analysis before they said ‘hi’ back!!!

Hm……

It’s ironical how they expect one to be sane while they swamp you with their mental state!

One thing you guys have to realize if your going to complain about the other place, you should get your facts straight, I post links over there and see plenty of threads full of links, check it out. Point out their bad points but don’t exaggerate. It makes you look silly.

A couple of examples

Two thumbs up!

Welcome

The other I was referring to is the one linked by MRsDNF and there’s nothing wrong with it. :wink:

The one you’re referring to is DIFFERENT. I’m a member of that too and haven’t experienced yet what many others did because I didn’t post there anymore. :slight_smile:

The other is down at the moment. I believe Spas is hard at work improving the forum all round.

Things maybe changing over there because to many of there members are coming here to BLF. I noticed the date on that thread is quite recent. Well I couldn’t open two of them, you need to be logged in and for some reason I cannot.
When I was there AW batteries ruled and almost any other battery mentioned as good got shot down if you gave a link to them it would be deleted and warned by the admin. If you argued the point you would get banned for complaining about the rules. Questions about cheap lights where almost always followed by “What do you expect out of a cheap light”, “Spend the big bucks get a good light like me”. They use to also never allow a DX links, you had to give the sku# for what ever item you where talking about. I was warned on that one too. Some people where allowed to give DX links most where not.
I was there justice. I have almost a 1000 post over there. I had been a member since late 2006. They had a big crash one time lost me in the process and I had to create a new name. I have had links removed and seen lots of other sponsor related things go on. What I know is neither exaggerated nor fiction. Its simple hands on experience.
No matter how many links you give or comments you make, you will never convince me any different.
I know for a fact how it was no matter how they change now, I will not be a part of it.
BLF is such a better place to spend my time.
If you don’t mind me asking justice how long have you been a member there? Appartently not too long because you don’t seem to have your facts straight and that makes you look silly. If you are telling me that you can link to anything you would like too, like you can here at BLF. Then maybe I’am the silly one.
I suspect over there, this very response would be deleted. Unless it was by specific people. The rules where not the same for everyone.
This really should be discused in the other thread .

I’ve been a member over there for almost 2 yrs now. I still browse over there several times a week, but post perhaps only post once a month or so lately. And yeah that’s due to bad personal experiences there. When I first started over there I was looking at HID’s in my truck. I wanted to just keep halagons in my driving lights though. So I mentioned which ones I was considered and was told they were crap by the Mod. I thought I new better and installed them anyway. To my eyes, they were a huge improvement. And I posted as much. Well the mod didn’t like that. Told me, in teacherly manner, that I was wrong and the extra light I was seeing was an illusion, etc. etc. So I responded back trying to make my case. And I was being totally civil, no profanity, no hot links, no name calling, etc. So what does the mod do - edit the writing on MY posts, several of them, deleting the things he didn’t agree with. Then posted one more of his superiority posts and then locked the thread.
Now that took some nerve. Changing my posts, him then making a post, and then lock the thread so that I could never make a post to respond or to correct my posts back. That guy still pisses me off almost 2 yrs later and I have never visited that section of the forum again.

Sounds to me like that site could be riddled with false information. Thanks for the heads up.

and testimony of the wrongdoing perpetuated over there by CPF Greta aka Kelly Marie Dreller. Any denial of this are signs of the Stockholm Syndrome

I’ve also experienced the stealth edit/deletes like that recently on another big board, too, and I’ve decided to move here to BLF, permanently, as whatever insignificant sign of protest. And to celebrate, my photobucket is sitting on a countdown-to-auto-self-destruct-timer with ‘8/9’ on it, though I will fix the few broken posts here. And then I’m finding a better provider! Any thoughts on better ones than photobucket? I’ve even thought about rolling my own photo sharing site. It’s like 100 lines of code.

As far as those ‘other sites’, I’m past the point where I will abide stealth edits and stealth deletes. Disagree with me. Argue with me. Tell me my post sucks, or that I suck, or that I violated the rules and you’re unhappy about it. But please do it to my face, and please do it openly. I just want to be treated with respect. That’s it.

This place is awesome. Totally different vibe. I hope it stays this way forever. I’ve even been hoarding some goodies for giveaways to partake in the great spirit of giving here.