TK35 Clone $ 38,00 at cnqualitygoods

gen1.3_

Whats the quality like?

Are you gong to do the mod on it?

This help me get over this purchase since i hate that purple tint with a passion...

< Quality is adequate but not close as being rebranded fenix lights. I'm afraid I lack modding skills :-( . Maybe this can be my lab rat..lol

I agree I despise purplish tints. I'm sure you won't notice in actual outdoor use.

TK 35 has a very nice tint for outdoors already. I don't think you'd like a purple tint in the woods.

No woods in the neck of my woods, just busy streets and buildings. I agree Tk35 has a nice tint but a bit green on the lower modes.

Thats totally true for my sample of TK35 too. This cheaper body looks like a good mod host anyway.

Just ordered one - for modding. Will try to mod it to a parallel setup, use an AMC7135 driver, program it myself (a mode button is so much nicer than mode switching with the power button), and a neutral white XM-L...

Me too, fan of NW so the TK35 clone does it for me as I can change out the emitter without qualms. Seriously if i want throw i have more than enough other lights which eats this for breakfast.

BTW, the DRY easily and visibly outthrows this TK35 clone.

I have too many of those CW "warm" tints, ie 1C/1D which look a bit funny on the lower level modes. Fenix/JB/Sunwayman/Balder all included.

Well seeing as everyone seems to be in a modding mood I hope you guys will start a new thread. I might be very interested myself to try modding a flashlight for a change as well :)

The TK-35 and clone are the ugliest aberrations to ever hit the market...

...YMMV.

I received it yesterday, and also yesterday it stopped working after about 5 minutes of use.

Now, when switching it on, it gets like in low mode output, it blinks 3-4 times and switches off.

The good part of it, is I emailed Ric asking for a new driver to solve it, and in 8h I had an answer

from him promissing he will send me a replacement.

So, good for CNQG after sales service, and bad luck for me as it appears it has been the only one with

this problem.

While it worked I had a goodf feeling with it, I like the Strobe modes to be hidden normally.

The spot could be good for some and bad for others, for the size of its reflector, it concentrates a lot, so the spill is not too big but with high mode where it spreads a bit more.

The pill, is a bit light itself, so I am unsure how good is the heat dissipation, in the other hand it is in contact through the threads with the head wich has a good mass, and the head with the body, so appliying some thermal paste will do a good job.

The machining of the body and threads is one step over many chineese designs, it might not be the best, but it is quite acceptable under my point of view.

The relationship output/runtime/size is one of the best for me, (not counting the original with a better designed driver).

Received mine today. Seems like a nice light with a nice tint. Hotspot is small and tight and it puts out a decent amount of light. How are you supposed to access the hidden modes on the light...?

Hold down the mode change button for 2 seconds.

Same to change back to normal modes.

Thank you. Figured it out soon after posting. I wish that the strobe came before the SOS mode.

Good for you. My clone came with the most scratched and dirty reflector I've ever seen. It looks like they tried to clean it (fingerprints?) with a cloth and there's a lot of dust and tiny scratches easily visible when light is on (a few of them are deeper - reflective coating is completely polished). Here's pic:

ImageShack - Best place for all of your image hosting and image sharing needs (i think it’s too big for img code)

I emailed QCN once - no answer. Second email - still nothing. They are ignoring me completely! Hate those scammers, I'll never buy anything in their store again!!!

I wrote to this e-mail address in case the one you did were different: cnqualitygoods@hotmail.com and it was Ric directly who answered me.

He confirmed two days ago he had sent the new driver.

I hope they can answer you with good news.

Swapped out the cold-white XM-L for Ric's/CNQG T6 3C neutral white 20mm star.

Had to snip the corners very slightly for it to fit, used a nail clipper. LOL! Money Mouth

Also squeezed in additional heatsink compound. I know in the CPU world you just apply a thin film, but that is because there is pretty high pressure there. For this one you just screw the pill in as tightly as you can so that the MCPCB presses against the reflector. I screwed really hard.

What the....after 3 minutes the output only dropped 0.167%. Really screwed the pill hard against the reflector. The pill and reflector have 2 rings of contact, so other than the threads there is also another avenue for thermal path (the reflector itself has pills). So literally this has slightly more thread contact area than a Trustfire triple XM-L, but you know this is not a triple XM-L. The meter barely moved. 20mm star full contact with the pill rules! Because the internal threads of the host that screws the pill on is anodized, it is better if you can squeeze some heatsink compound there as well. (don't think you can strip the anodising for the threads there, not easy).

T6 3C neutral white got me about 1% more output than the cold white which i measured before the emitter swap...nice. But i guess it is well within the XM-L variances (eg difference in Vf hence affecting current draw).

Update, even after 6 minutes the meter barely moved. 0.33% drop only. From 59.8 dropped to 59.6 lux after 6 minutes. WOW!

I did not receive the new driver yet, I will wait a pair of days to contact Ric again, as it was sent about three weeks ago.

58 minutes has passed. Initial lux 59.8. Now it is 59.0. 1.33% output drop in 55 minutes. 29 deg C ambient and no wind. Host is still hand-holdable even though the entire hour it has tailstanded.

Literally as good as it gets....if you check out Selfbuilt's review on branded lights.