tk61 - tk75 battery carrier disassemble

I have a battery carrier for a tk-61 which also fits in a tk-75. How the heck do you disassemble the battery carrier? I’ve looked around and just see pictures and can’t figure out how this thing breaks down.

Unscrew all 8 screws.

There are two thin rods that connects the spring pcb boards together. You need a solder iron to loosen one of the boards from those rods.

Thanks Racer

It popped right off.

I did the resistor mod this wont blow out any resistors or transistors will it?

Resistor mod like I did on OP in the TK61 mod thread is safe if done properly and with care as far as I know. Improving resistance in the springs on the TK61 will not help you gain anything in output since output is not affected by voltage sag.

Technically TK75 is regulated, but if the output is increased by typical resistor mod, the extra increase in output does not seem to be regulated as far as my experience goes. So resistance mods and good batteries seems to help on a resistor modded light.

Ill probably do a fairly detailed mod thread on the TK75 once Im at the "final stage" along with update to the TK61.

On my sample of the TK75, resistor modding did not improve it that much. Oh well, more about that in another thread..

Glad you got the carrier opened up.

:beer:

What will it help me gain?

On a modded TK61. Technically, on paper, less voltage sag means more voltage to the buck driver, which then can be converted into emitter amps. That could mean a minor (or "microscopic") improvement in battery life. In real life, id say its not worth doing considering the nicely sized springs in the TK61 carrier and the small amp draw that goes through each spring. The voltage drop you get through the stock springs is already extremely small.

I did not bother doing any springs mods for my "stage 1" TK61. Maybe ill do it for "stage 4", just because I want to have every thing top notch at that level. But not because I believe Im gaining anything that matters. Its just something Id do because Id basically done every thing else. So might as well do the springs too. :p Its more important for my head, knowing that Ive done it all, than for my eyes, lux meter or batteries. :D

On modded TK75, it can help you a little bit to maintain the extra output gained by a resistor mod. But thats mainly because the resistor mod changes the character of the stock driver (as far as my testing showed).

Springs mods are mostly useful for lights that are direct drive or lights that rely on fully charged batteries to maintain max output. Its also useful for lights where the stock springs are not suitable for increased output and you increase output a lot.

On a stock TK75 or TK61 the mods are basically useless. The lights are nicely regulated, voltage sag does not matter. Springs are of good size and little resistance. The battery carrier/pcb boards are well made too.