TK's Emisar D4 review

wow small and green looks really nice!

Sorry if this has been covered previously. Does anyone know of a belt pouch that fits the D4?

TIA

Convoy or Astrolux pouches for tube-style lights work well but the Astrolux is considerably slimmer.

Thanks. That’s my only criticism of the D4… no pocket clip. That omission in the design seriously limits it’s usefulness and the ad on clips I’ve bought don’t really fit it. I figure I’ll try a pouch.

The jetbeam mini holster fits very well

I didn’t care for the clip-on pocket clip options either.

I have the Solarforce L2 clip on my D4 and D1. I got the idea from ToyKeeper and a couple other users.

It requires a bit of modding to fit the Emisars, but I really like it. I filed off the lanyard ring on mine, but it’s a nice feature for lanyard users.

I compiled some other members’ Emisar clip solutions here.

BrianK — at the top of the page, use the “Search within thread” function for “pouch”

There is the option to get the pocket clip for $2ish, it is very good fit ,it’s pretty hard to put it on but once it’s on its not coming off easily.

I ordered the solarforce L2 clip. I saw discussed on a copper/berrylium wave washer but the purveyer is out of stock, so I’ll pound out some copper wire or make a washer if I have the right punch(es).

The only reason I asked about a pouch is because I thought a clip, which I prefer, was going to be like the others I ordered. It’s a kludge but the L2 clip should work fine.

:+1:
I started out with rings made of flattened 14-gauge copper wire. Worked fine.

Later, I found a few thin brass washers in my junk drawer. I used two pairs of needlenose pliers to crimp them around the perimeter to make a DIY wave washer. I filed down the peaks to make for wider points of contact. Also worked fine.

I was recently at my friend’s shop and spotted some flat copper washers. He was nice enough to give me a few, but I haven’t made the swap yet.

Harbor Freight has an 80-piece copper washer variety pack for $5. They are not wave washers, just flat ones.

I almost dropped the hammer on the set of washers, but it irks me to pay more in shipping than what the item costs. For now I’ll use wire and when the local HF opens soon I’ll upgrade.

These are not dirt cheap but they are the right size….

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Unique-Bargains-10PCS-22mm-OD-16mm-ID-1mm-Thick-Copper-Washer-Flat-Ring-Oil-Brake-Line-Seal/117797323

D4 vs Solo Cup Challenge

I read previously that some people were shining the D4 in their eyes.
I’d advise against that for any flashlight :wink:

Some people can only believe a light is bright only AFTER they have seared their eyeballs with it… beats me. I believe it’s bright even before, but somehow manage to turn em on while facing me anyway more often than not. 18,940 lumens is INSANELY bright, I can say from experience. I’ll be getting my braille keyboard soon…. :stuck_out_tongue:

“Some people” ? I wasnt looking directly into it………… :wink:

You sure just some….? I have 4 coworkers did the XPL HI 1A 18650 tube with VTC5A battery 4.19V eyeball challenge… one of them took 3 shots…(just why……) and he can’t see sh*t clearly. And thought the red marker on the table was black.
Another one took it at point blank…( I warned him not to do it) he was seeing 4 dots from LED for 30mins… other 2 also tripped pretty bad…

This thing burns my eyes just from the light bouncing back from their face… I don’t even want to try looking at it directly like my coworkers did…

What’s wrong with these people? Feels like they need AI to help them to make decisions in their lives.

You know… sometimes when you tell them not to do it, they want to do it just because you said not to lol. I can’t blame one of them tho, he doesn’t know what it was at all. And he judge the D4 by its size and assume it’s one of those lights from dollar tree lol!

@yuhsin91123

Show them the video. Maybe they’ll think twice when they realize they may evaporate their vitreous. If not, perhaps they should save their money for an Opthalmologist.
Maybe they can even have a Sun staring contest. The Sun is so far away, it can’t do you any harm :frowning:
There’s lots of fun things these guys can do :slight_smile:

And you can even get close if you make sure to go at night.