TK's Emisar D4 review

Ewww, you destroyed a good green one. You canā€™t get those anymore.

Still waiting for my green D4 with extra green 18350 tube! :smiley:

it will be the granny grit version
not the smooth green

Thanks :smiley: Mi likes too!! Gives a nice contrast with the grey :laughing:

I know chinooker, but I had to choose between the green and the grey one. :person_facepalming:
With the grey I get the ā€œfullā€ 18350 version, and despite the green anodization was nice, I know I probably wouldnā€™t be able to get a new D1 or a D4 with that ā€œtouchā€! So despite I liked the green, I had to sacrifice it! You know ā€œI used to love her, but I had to kill herā€ style :wink:
But I like the new look better, so I guess everythingā€™s not lost :wink:

How did you end up de-anodizing?

I used caustic soda in cold water to remove the anodizing :wink:
Here are the links to a previous experience that reports the overall process:

Today, after that I used a dremmel -like tool with a metal ā€œbrush discā€ to make it more shinny!

Hm my d4 is shipped now from Hank but looks like i didnt get a tracking number? and i paid for it the 2$ extraā€¦ and no answers on mail for daysā€¦. lets hope it arrives safe then.

Yeahā€¦I have also paid for tracking before and got no number in return.

It happened twice in my case. Two different orders, paid $2 each time and no tracking number. Second time even wrote in ā€œadditional notesā€ field, that I paid for tracking.

To be honest, once I did not pay for tracking and get tracking number.

On both my orders from Hankā€™s store he did not initially published the tracking number on the order page, but upon email request he did gave me the tracking info, it just wasnā€™t updated on the order info

Didnā€™t pay $2, so I didnā€™t get a tracking number, but I guess I win?

Iā€™m a week plus, into my order.

Chris

I ordered from Neal at the early beginning of december via Martinā€™ s website;
no tracking number, no answer on several emails/ pms from Neal if the light is shipped, no nothing!

Thatā€™s my story with the D4 so far ā€¦ :weary:

I ordered a D1S from Neal in early December. It took around a week for it to be shipped out and another for it to be delivered.

However, I also ordered a couple of Nitecore TINIs and a D4 a week or two later and I havenā€™t heard anything at all about them. I, too, have sent a few e-mails asking for updates in any form, but havenā€™t received them. I understand that heā€™s been busy with his honeymoon and then the GT, but Iā€™d really appreciate some degree of communication for reassurance.

Iā€™m not trying to be a jerk here, (it just comes naturally to me :smiley: ) Iā€™m curious what you are expecting? I ordered a UT01 from GearBest and other than me checking for non existent tracking info, didnā€™t get any communication for a month and a half or so. Only after I asked here at what point I should start worrying did a GearBest rep follow up.

I donā€™t know what size business Neal has but Iā€™m guessing it is not as big as GearBest, with a dedicated CS and shipping department. Throw in a honeymoon and a sudden rush of GT orders and I can see that communications might slide a little.

When I have ordered from Convoy I didnā€™t get much in terms of communication either, a PM through aliexpress on the PayPal account and a total was all I got. Then a long wait.

It probably is best to take The Millerā€™s approach, order, set a reminder in a calendar for a month or so, and forget about it. Hard to do, I know though.

Earlier in this thread, Toykeeper mentioned that the new (current) D4 with nichia LEDs had less lumen/lux. Does anyone know what the current output for these are?

Just curious as I recently received mine.

3500 OTF lumens at startup.

https://intl-outdoor.com/emisar-d4-high-power-led-flashlight-p-921.html?zenid=e5bca784cb42b54e2441045e44a6e317

I donā€™t know one way, or the other, but Iā€™ve got the Nichia version coming, which will be my first for the brand.

Chris

Same here, Ordered a D4 on the 11th of Dec. Not a word lol. Its a mystery!

Thought those words from intl-outdoor.com site may help,

ā€œDear Customers, please only inquiry the tracking number of your order one week after the order is ā€shippedā€, please do not ask for tracking number as soon as the order is market as shipped, most likely, you will not get respond, since the order is still processed in the facility center, and the tracking number is not available yet.ā€

This is what happened with my order from Nealā€¦ā€¦
I ordered a D4, a D1s and an 18350 short tube on Nov 4th
The order took about 5 weeks to get hereā€¦ā€¦ no updates the entire time until the day that the order arrived.
That was expected when ordering from China, so no problems there.
The D4 worked great but the D1s was defective and the 18350 short tube was not included in the shipment.
I contacted Neal immediately(12/10) about the defective light and the 18350 tube that was not sent
After reading a bit I learned about Nealā€™s wedding and trying to get the GT out.
I emailed him to let him know I would be patient till after the New Year, but I expected a response by thenā€¦ā€¦
I feel I have been patient. It has been two months since I ordered but none of my emails has been answered
The New Year came and still no responseā€¦ā€¦
I filed a Paypal dispute today asking for a refund for the defective light and the short tube.
Not sure what to expect but I dont think an explanation after 2months is asking too much.
It doesnt take that much time to respond to an email if your business is important to you.
Ive learned my lessonā€¦ā€¦I wont buy from Neal again and will discourage anyone that is thinking about it
JMO
C~

NOW HEAR THISā€¦You guys in the USAā€¦MTN ELECTRNCS is WHERE ITā€™S AT for the D series !!