TK's Emisar D4 review

Did you by chance taken a shoot with a completely stock nichia?

There was an extra o-ring included in the package. I used that in addition to the o-ring already installed in the lens.

STOCK: head —> lens —> o-ring —> optic —> stock board

MODIFIED: head —> o-ring —> lens —> o-ring —> optic —> Richard’s board

No, I unfortunately wasn’t able to purchase one. You can compare the beamshot videos with TK’s though.

Thanks for the vast amount of information on the different led types, tocirahl, very good read!

@TheBo: I have a green one on order, including a 18350 tube. The leds are 219C, but with beforehand intention to swap them to 80CRI 4000K XP-L2’s on Dsche’s quad board with 1mm copper spacer added. I hope that works out

Just got my first one! A grey 219c and what a light it is! And it will get extremely hot very fast.

One question though, I really like the option to turn it on at maximum regulated mode. But is there a way for the light to remember that setting? Or do I have to twist the cap every time I want to use it?

I mean to have it overwriting the mode memory.

Congrats, cant help you re firmware yet as a noob with this light. It sure is amazing though……………………i love it! I dont care how hot and fast it gets there, it makes for a great EDC on lower levels, when you need a short blast of day, it has the output of a multi cells light………………that can slip in a pocket.

Received my Nichia version today :slight_smile:

Just got my green 219C and loving it.

Hmm… I see something that I don’t recognize on mine :wink:

Nice one Steve, snap other than grey(will order more though!)

:+1:

Anyone found a good clip option for the 18350 tube?

The Emisar D4 is back in stock again at Mtn Electronics.

You guys are a bad influence. Just ordered one

This might be a money saver. This light could prevent you from wanting and buying other lights. I got this light this morning, and man it’s unbelievable how good everything is. :smiley:

^ what he said. I had to break down and order one myself. Been resisting.

I’ve always dreamed of being a superhero, nows my chance to become…

The Green Lantern!

(yeah, ok, so y’all know which color I got. Maybe I’ll put a 2,000 lumen green SBT-70 in it…. :smiley: )

I too am tempted, but my spending with flashlights over the last few months has gone way over budget. Well, maybe for Christmas :smiley:

PS: Green lantern is a cool nickname for this flashlight

The driver expects IMR type cells and 3.2 volts resting (and likely lower on load) as far as its concerned is a nearly empty cell.

I like Green Lantern. And HULK too!

My Black 219C arrived the other day.
Thanks to all that participated in the making of this light.
The 219C I got is pretty White, good clean white.
Wasn’t long till I swapped the optic for a Frosty 10623 Carclo Lens - 4-UP Quad Frosted Medium Spot Optic from Richard.

Also have a bad habit of holding lights in my mouth…. added an adhesive lined heatshrink to the tailcap.

Um, unless my Lee Filters sample is not actually the optional HT (high heat) version, I’m not going to be able to filter the light. It kinda starts smoking and melts within mere seconds. Oops! So if I want high output green, it’s gotta be the Luminus $87 emitter. :confounded:

(Edit: This was on my Titanium/Cu Quad run by an 18500)