TK's Emisar D4 review

That was clear. Iā€™m just impressed with how much further it seems the D4 HI projects without sacrificing much breadth. Definitely knew which one I was looking at. :slight_smile:
Impressive how it compares to the distance of the D1 in relative brightness.

yeah, that difference is not inconsequential, I have debated myself on a 2nd D4 and now have lost.
I have the 219C green and love it. It is cute until doubleclickedā€¦. instant Hulk.
I just ordered the grey XPL HI 3A from Mtn, and partially justified it by cancelling my 2nd Q8.
I think our usage/carry is better served by the smaller size.

I begin to want my flashlight firmware to update itself every few days, automagically, by wifi ā€¦.

When you say adjustable speed, that means like it can go from 10hz to 60hz or whatever frequency you set when you press and hold the switch button? Like ramping for strobe? Now thatā€™s cool. Where can I get that code?

The question for me is, ā€œIs the XPG2 good ENOUGH???ā€. Hmmmmmmmmm

Yes, hold the button to set any speed from ~4 Hz to ~120 Hz. In party strobe mode, it means you can point it at a spinning fan and hold the button and itā€™ll make the fan appear to stop or reverse.

Itā€™ll be available as soon as I coordinate release details with other BLF projects and people.

Oh, please, donā€™t call that ā€œparty modeā€ ā€” call it ā€œamputation modeā€ or ā€œfinger flinging modeā€ ā€” Iā€™ve seen some nasty stupid tricks played at parties.

And some really dumb things done under flickering fluorescent 60-cycle lighting with table saws, too, come to think of it.

Remind me to avoid your parties!

Humans.

Goddesses and raccoons don't play that!

It seems nothing but a login page.

The Nichia version of these are Out of stock on Mountain Electronics and International. Does anyone know if and when more are coming?

Yes, thatā€™s how facebook usually works. Users must be logged in and have sufficient permissions to access pages. Some are visible without an account, but most are not.

I wonder whatā€™s the ā€œnormalā€ temp readout when the D4 isnā€™t being used. My ambient temperature is 30Ā°C but the D4 temp readout at that ambient temp is already 44Ā°C. I noticed a sharp stepdown even when the light is at the 100%-regulated level at the default temp setting (the stepdown occurs at five to ten seconds after turn on). I had to set the temp setting of the D4 to maximum (70Ā°C) to use the regulated-level without noticeable stepdown.

Iā€™m playing with my Emisar D4 XP-L HI flavor. All I can say it I really love this little lumen monster! I love the UI and temp settings, batt check, etc. but why doesnā€™t it have a strobe function? Is there a way I can flash the driver to update the firmware? What gear do I need to buy so I can do firmware flashing? Programmable drivers are sweet! Iā€™m used to the old on off, then the different brightness modes and strobe came, and etc, it has been great to see how flashlights have evolved to what we have today. I predict Bluetooth connectivity with programming soon, if not already available and I donā€™t know about it.
Now if I can just find a good clip for it. Banggood has some but they are just a few mm size difference. Maybe I can squeeze it a little tighter and make it work. Does anyone have a clip they like?

Get the XP-L HI flavor! Man it is crazy bright! I love mine, carry it all the time.

ToyKeeper

Thanks for explaining all of the technical challenges for a tactical light.

Iā€™m sure this explains the rush to all the new headlamp type lights like Olightā€™s H series for example.

Soā€¦ all we need is for someone to come up with a (4000 lumen) quad headlamp with the same type of firmware as the D4. :money_mouth_face:

Iā€™d buy it!

There you go.

hIKARInoob

LOL! Cuteā€¦ butā€¦ not quite what I had in mind :smiley: .

Deputy Dog put on 3 D4 on this headband and you have about 9-12000 lumens on your head depeds on what leds in the D4ā€™s. :smiley: