TK's Emisar D4 review

:+1: Just ordered the D1vn

Spec 2: SST40 HD 6500K Lumen 2300, Lux 48K, Throw 438m

That’s interesting. The obvious mod to do with a D1 is to swap in a dedomed XP-G2 or an Oslon Black Flat to increase the throw. But the SST40 mod is unexpected. I guess it makes the hotspot a bit wider?

I haven’t been able to measure a D1 yet, but in stock form the specs I’ve seen are about 1300-1400 lm and 43-50 kcd throw. Changing that to 2300 lm and 48 kcd throw seems like it would make the hotspot wider by about a third and make ceiling bounces a bit brighter, without really changing much else. At least, that’s what math on paper suggests, but measurements may differ.

What about D1 in cyan?

Oh man… It looks I need to be getting the new grainy green and cyan as well…

The new finishes are available now. :slight_smile:

Thank you Hank Wang for so graciously switching my order from a BLACK 219CT to a CYAN 219CT. That color looks amazing!

My PayPal # is hoping Hank doesn’t invent something like a Color of the Month.

Does anyone know if that pocket clip that intl-outdoor is selling will work with D4 18350? If not, what clip would you recommend? Need something that would work for attaching to a baseball cap.

+1

Grainy Cyan D7…. Hmmm…… :smiley:

Word is, Nov will be a matte desert tan edition. :smiley:

I just picked the option w/ the BEST Lumen/Cd combination. Spec 2

I am getting 1600 more lumens than XPG2 with Only a 52m loss in throw. :smiley:

Turn On Performance:

Stock: XPL HI 6500K Lumen 1100, Lux 40K, Throw 420m

Spec 1: XPG2 PDT Lumen 700, Lux 60K, Throw 490m

Spec 2: SST40 HD 6500K Lumen 2300, Lux 48K, Throw 438m

Spec 3: XPL HD 5000K Lumen XXX, Lux XXX, Throw XXX

The new grainy green and cyan D4 lights appear to be about a millimeter or so shorter than the old grey and black versions. Perhaps the bezel is shorter due to different construction as it does not need to press the MCPCB anymore?

Thats the spec i would pick also capo :+1: , dont have the sst40 yet! 6500k is not my preference though(can cope with it still), would be super cool for some 4000 and 5000k sst40 options.

Used the D4 all day as a work light, works pretty much awesome for a general work type light. The ramping UI, just hold to tweak either up or down for inspecting things close or even at a distance. Thanks to the optics, the diffused hot spot/spill does not bounce back easy off the plant. Must admit though, even though 200 or so lumens is enough, its impossible to resist double tapping for 100% output :smiley: ……………boys and their toys :slight_smile:

Exactly my thoughts. :slight_smile:
If I get a D7 (I’m afraid I will), it will be grainy and it will be with Cyan. Unless Hank invents something even cooler. :slight_smile:

As to length, the new D4 does look shorter on the pic, though the specs didn’t change.

Had to do it. Cyan XP-L 5000k with frosted optic, 18350 tube and clip. The frosted optic was what put me over the edge.

Has anyone measured the xp-l hi output with an 18350? I only see the 18350 figures for the 219c and it’s for an efest 700mah, not an aspire 1100mah.

Howdy, BLF members. I’d like to draw your attention to the Emisar D4’s reverse polarity protection. Last night I left a Samsung 30Q in backwards and it drained the battery to 0.0 volts overnight. The battery is now destroyed, so make sure you don’t leave yours in backwards. The light’s low voltage protection only works with the battery the right way around. Some energy loss is occurring when it’s backwards, causing it to be depleted below safe levels.

Just 1 post and it’s to let us know not to be stoopid

Tankee yuu!