TK's Emisar D4 review

Are you wearing oven gloves :smiley:

I ordered what will be my 3rd D4. I just love these things!

What flavors you have to far, and whatā€™s on the way?

I really want to get my hands on the D1S 18350 ā€œDollyā€ version. :smiley:

I donā€™t have the review up yet, but I got a D1Sā€¦ and I have some bad news. It appears to use a slightly different tube than the D4/D1, so the shorty tube doesnā€™t work. I donā€™t know if Hank will offer a compatible shorty tube for the D1S.

It looks fabulously ridiculous in 18350 form though. Itā€™s kind of awesome. I hope there will be a compatible tube. :smiley:

:weary:

Itā€™s also possible I have some sort of prototype which doesnā€™t represent the final product. I donā€™t know.

Every light I get seems to be some sort of prototype, I always have to finish them when they get here. :smiley: lol

Yeahā€¦ planning to make some changes. But I should finish a review first.

> a slightly different tube

Chabuduo?
ChĆ  bu duō (å·®äøå¤š)?

Or as they say in the US, ā€œclose enoughā€ works for games played with horseshoes and hand grenades ā€¦

ā€¦ or nuclear warfare. :wink:

Used to say that all the time back in the late 60ā€™s, early 70ā€™s. Dang. Times have changed huh?

Close enough for government work, horseshoes, hand grenades or nuclear warfare.

Yep. I recall I was listening to NPR one time and they got a phone call in from a listener who said he worked under Cheyenne Mountain ā€” the WW3 bunker.
He said ā€œwe donā€™t target cities, we target time zonesā€

I have been visiting their online store everyday. D1S could be the best mini thrower by far. I am not worried about the short tube as i never use them anyway.

:person_facepalming: Why did you have to show me that? :person_facepalming:

That looks really sweet! I suppose it might come in green? If thereā€™s a purple one Iā€™d simply be unable to refuseā€¦

Edit: Thinking 21700 tube already. Ugh!

I think we now have an official interest list for purple Emisar lights :

1. Toykeeper
2. DB Custom

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

So of course, I just had to go to the store and look around. That quick look cost me $50! The little D4 in cyan is beautiful, my wifeā€™ll love it! So I got it with an 18350 tube and the high CRI Nichia 219ā€™s. And also ordered a pocket clipā€¦ wonā€™t fit the shorty but itā€™ll fit my D1 right? :wink: So I have a little more than a month before her birthday, should make it in timeā€¦

Pretty (er) in Pink ?