TK's Emisar D4 review

KG, I should show you my Titanium X6. I’ve seen an LG HE-4 do 21A from a single cell. :wink:

Which is your favorite? The only one that looks white in my computer screen is the Nichia.

After seeing that; How anyone could want anything but the Nichia is beyond me.

I Agree…… that helped a lot! Thx KG

Man, I can’t wait to get my grainy green and cyan, the latter with frosted optics… :smiley:

Ha ha, must be my eyes, I like the Nichia tint but I do notice anything red outdoors looks too red, and it gets too hot too fast compared to the XP-L’s.
My fave at the moment is the frosted XP-L, it’s floodier but doesn’t have too much wasted spill, like a M43 beam, so still throws quite well.

Well, that’s reality…

should be made a sticky.

+100

Well, I think I should post something after getting the Nichia-Frosted optics one.

I´m not a pro in flashlights but “some lights” have passed my hand in these years but this is pretty unique…

It is a pure flooder - no need to point it anywhere, it shows everything just by keeping it “ahead”.
I have not had any Quads before this with TIR-optics, so I thought, that with slightly frosted lens it would not be this floody.
It still is, very smooth. tint is good, colors look good.

Gets blistering hot in SECONDS!
It really does, just can´t believe it, must test again and again :smiley:

Also first light with this UI.
It is smooth, easy and flexible. Can´t really say much bad words about it.

If you are still thinking, “should I?” -I would say it´s a good light, worth the cost and literally a pocket rocket.

Running it on INR18650 30Q, Fluke says: ~6.5A at tail.

Dale, are 9v MT-G2 actually available? I know they are in theory, but I have yet to actually find them.

But I like the way your thinking.

I have 9V MT-G2’s in a BTU Shocker making ~10,000 lumens, the carrier has 3 18650’s and I set it up for series use, so the 9V emitters work very well. The thing is, I didn’t go out looking for these… they were sent mistakenly in place of the normal 6V ones. I built a light and the output was dismal, couldn’t figure it out, 2 cells, one 6V emitter, hmmmm? Tested and found out that it was a 9V variant, and I had 7 of them. I built an Eagle Eye X6 with 3 18500’s and a 9V MT-G2, works great! :slight_smile: Yes, I shove almost everything into an X6 just for the excuse to have another variation on a them I like so well.

The remaining 4 9V MT-G2 I had went into a TrustFire TR-J20 that uses 3 series 32650’s. I used Ledil reflectors with the carrier base, it’s making around 15,000 lumens. I use this one and the Shocker as ceiling bounce lights for some photography sessions, either if a room has poor or insufficient lighting or when doing macro’s. Again, the color is much to my liking and plays well with my Canon camera’s.

The MT-G2 is a physically large emitter, the largest I know of shy of COB’s. So it probably has it’s limitations, especially where small lights are concerned. I swapped in a 6V MT-G2 for the XHP-70 that was in my TM06, I just really like the creamy color the big emitter puts out, so I find ways to use em. :wink:

Not much help, I know, but they were out there a couple of years ago, these I have I got around the time of the X6 SS/Cu X5 Cu group buy.

I’ve sliced the big die before, but truly I can’t think of a triple or quad optic that would accept the sheer size of the die arrangement on the MT-G2. Might be interesting to do a D1 MT-G2 though…

Since you have the Nichia and XP-L versions to compare, could you tell me anything about the difference in heat buildup and how big of a difference there is between how much and how quickly the two versions step down? I’m looking to get the neutral XP-L version myself (am visually impaired, need silly lumens), but most runtime tests seem to test the Nichia, and I haven’t seen any definitive numbers on how the two compare as far as runtime and step-down go.

XP-G 4000k are better in my opinion. Plus they don’t get as hot as quickly. Nichia are the hottest running and step down the quickest. Sold my Nichia so I don’t have a comparison picture.

219c for work uses in day time, xp-g2 4000k for evening use where i want some warmth(not keen on cool in the evening, things can look a little ghostly due to warmer ambient lighting).

I cant say which is better as its completely subjective, the 6500k version even looks good to me from matts pics of past, not the above which looks a little blue(not the usual washed out / blue tint anyway).

I have said before, heat wise its not really an issue for me as none of the lights can run for any decent amount of time at high output. Be it xpl HI/xp-g2 or 219c, be it 20s or 40s of 100% output…………its short lived! My work uses are 100-300lm, so i would rather have the colour temp my eyes like the most, rather than getting another 20 or 30s out of 100% mode(personal opinion).

If i want 5000k and bright, i just get the x65vn out for any uses that i need minutes and not seconds!

Why do my posts keep getting removed?

BTW:

Does anyone of you Pro´s have an idea, where the output sets down after it reaches thermal balance via regulation?

Around 200-400 Lumens perhaps?

I have my thermal regulation set to its highest and it probably settles to around 600+ lumens.

Factory set it probably settles at around 200 - 300 lumens I would guess.

Good to know, thanks! :+1:

Just ordered a D4 and wondering what is a good belt holster to carry this light in?