TK's Emisar D4 review

It’d work if there is enough wall thickness….You’re taking 1mm off each side… so the wall thickness should be at least double that….but a 1mm resulting wall thickness, will that be strong enough?

The coating on my cyan is fantastic. No one is pulling it from my grip. I wish I had that coating on my back stairs before I fell

I didn’t realize I had to purchase tracking on the cyan D4, so I’m in the dark on where it is. I’ve got less than a month, should be here, but I’m getting nervous… lol

Yeah my cyan didn’t have shipping by default like my first green one did. It took about 3 weeks to come in.

My blue D4 arrived today,a new shipping record 10 days to Australia,got to get lucky sometimes I suppose.

I think if your order is less than 80$ and you don’t purchase tracking nr , your order gets canceled . Take a look at it

If your order is less than $20, you need to purchase a tracking # for $2 or the order will be canceled.
If the order is less than $80, you have the option to purchase tracking for $2.
Over $80, tracking is included.

My wife’s favorite color is blue, so this is for her birthday next month. Surely it’ll make it in time, but just because I need it to there’s every chance it won’t, ya know? lol I even considered putting blue XP-E2’s in it, to blue it out like I greened out my green D4. :smiley:

I could be wrong here, but… I get the feeling you are never in the dark. :stuck_out_tongue:

My quad of quads. Cyan and Green are nichia. Black is xp-g2 s4 5d, Grey is xp-g2 s4 3d. Last picture is how they fit in the Jetbeam mini holster.

And wich do you like best?

Hard to pick a favorite. They are all great. The 5d tint excells in the evenings when a warmer tint is more naturual on the eyes. The nichia and 3d tint really give that blast of brightness even in the daytime.

Is that matt cyan color similar to a jeans color? Every time I see a picture it looks different, sometimes it even looks aqua to me. In this picture it looks a classier, matt blue grey. :question:
Also, what holster is that?

Jeans color is a very good way to describe it. The matte finish doesn’t lend itself to accurate color representation in lighted environments.

I think blue jeans is a good description. Took me a minute to find a background that accurately showed the color. Here it is next to a blue s2+. The holster is a Jetbeam mini.

Good thing y’all aren’t wedding photographer’s, the bride would have your a$$ on a silver platter! Color rendition, it’s EVERYTHING! :wink: (well, along with lighting, focus, background, proper camera settings, low ISO, and of course framing)

Edit: That said, Maglite makes a purple that even my $8000 1DsMkII doesn’t reproduce accurately!

Oh my gosh it’s like that yellow/blue dress all over again. That’s a nice grey D4 and purple Jet mini lolol.

Well, I have a blue S2+ sitting on the shelf over my head, and that pic is definitely not blue on the S2+, more purple. My Dell professional monitor is color calibrated, regularly, so I know I’m seeing true colors.

The cyan D4 does seem to be one of those elusive colors. On the Intl-Outdoor site it has a robin’s egg blue appearance. I like it, my wife’s fav color is blue, so I’m hoping it truly does have more of a blue appearance than grey.

I guess I misspoke. I meant to say I was having a hard time getting the two blues to look different until I used the red towel. Color accuracy is not very good. I took another photo on a white background but I don’t know if it’s much better.

Thank you for your photos @KyleGates.
The usual photos I see of the Cyan are of a brighter blue, but I like the Cyan color as shown in your above photo better.