TK's Emisar D4 review

Same here, Ordered a D4 on the 11th of Dec. Not a word lol. Its a mystery!

Thought those words from intl-outdoor.com site may help,

“Dear Customers, please only inquiry the tracking number of your order one week after the order is ”shipped”, please do not ask for tracking number as soon as the order is market as shipped, most likely, you will not get respond, since the order is still processed in the facility center, and the tracking number is not available yet.”

This is what happened with my order from Neal……
I ordered a D4, a D1s and an 18350 short tube on Nov 4th
The order took about 5 weeks to get here…… no updates the entire time until the day that the order arrived.
That was expected when ordering from China, so no problems there.
The D4 worked great but the D1s was defective and the 18350 short tube was not included in the shipment.
I contacted Neal immediately(12/10) about the defective light and the 18350 tube that was not sent
After reading a bit I learned about Neal’s wedding and trying to get the GT out.
I emailed him to let him know I would be patient till after the New Year, but I expected a response by then……
I feel I have been patient. It has been two months since I ordered but none of my emails has been answered
The New Year came and still no response……
I filed a Paypal dispute today asking for a refund for the defective light and the short tube.
Not sure what to expect but I dont think an explanation after 2months is asking too much.
It doesnt take that much time to respond to an email if your business is important to you.
Ive learned my lesson……I wont buy from Neal again and will discourage anyone that is thinking about it
JMO
C~

NOW HEAR THIS…You guys in the USA…MTN ELECTRNCS is WHERE IT’S AT for the D series !!

Neal was also the point man in the BLF Harvey relief effort which caved in on itself from his non-follow-through after promising much.

Yeah…. I prefer Mtn but Neal had em in stock a couple of weeks before Mtn got em….
I should have waited but at the time there was no ETA @ Mtn
Hindsight 20/20

Every time I tried to order from MTN it was out of stock and when I signed up for email alerts I never got them. I am ordering my D1S from MTN for sure next. A little contact goes a long way! In the past MTN has gotten me my orders within a week. Now Neal has had a crazy last few weeks with handling the GT and getting married so I don’t mind the wait at all its just a small conformation that he got my order would ease me. But no complaint here, I figure within another 10 days I’ll have my D4!!! OH YEAH :smiley: :smiley: !

I think the 219c 90CRI version may be additionally limited beyond that, but I’m not totally sure. I hear there were reports of it burning itself out on turbo (higher CRI is less efficient, so more heat and less light, and the lower-CRI version was already red-lining), so he may have turned down maximum output to 80% on that model. But I don’t have any confirmation about that.

The XP-L HI version is mostly the best all-around, except for the extra price. More lumens, more lux, less heat, relatively less overdriven. If I ever get a titanium one, I’ll probably go for XP-L HI in a tint as close as possible to 3D.

I think 80% is still incredible output for such a small light. I am very impressed with everyone’s reaction to Emisar’s flashlights. Everywhere I read it’s noting but amazing reviews. That’s why I am going to buy all the models in the next couple months! I really like small and powerful lights. When I use turbo on my lights its always 5 to 10 seconds to identify an object at night and then I kick the output down. Love the fact that it possesses a ramp switch :smiley: Why not design a one of a kind flashlight that is rectangle with two smaller reflectors with a larger in the center of the two that housed three 18650 cells pumping out 10,000 lumens with the outer reflectors using the 4 Nichia emmiters each, or CREE, and the center reflector a 35 HI. Make it 63mm wide by 105mm long with a total thickness of 24mm at the tube and 27mm at the end heads and the center being slightly bigger at 30mm. Just a thought on a unique design, small credit card sized light with a TON of power. The switch would have to activate the heads separately as well for total control and cell longevity. Again, just a thought :stuck_out_tongue:

I always order from mtnelectronics, such as d4, d1s, batteries, charger, etc… richard is the best. Next time you order from there… utah to nevada should take no more than 2-3 days.

Yeah, I’ve always had fast service when ordering my emitters drivers and mcpcb’s from MTN. I’m ordering my D1S from him next.

hm this isnt how u treat customers by ignoring emails ;/ , guess this will be my only order then.

Got all 3 of my Emisar’s from Richard. I have nothing but positive things to say about his company. If you live in the States, it’s the only option as far as I’m concerned.

If someone orders from China anyway - why not directly at intl-outdoor, the company which developed and manufactures this light? They were reliable with all my orders during the last years.

Cheaper prices, coupon codes and free shipping are a few notable reasons on a frugal forum

Is the 4000k tint a rosy tint? Or should I go with the 5000k tint? Either one costs $18 more
Or which one will give better color rendition?

Rosy tint depends on the led, e.g. sm4050e has very probable rosy tint. Please see image with MacAdam scale.

Edit: just realized that you were talking about XPL HI. Above information is for Nichia led.

well most do ? read above, i get ignored for now many days and others too from intl outdor… , im not used to ignoring mails from places i buy from :confused: I want to support the makers of this light but reading how u dont get reply on mails or not even a tracking number kinda sucks…. for me thats a big turnoff to even consider buy from again if things dont change or there is a reason for lack of responses to many customers in here.

Ther 219C has a much lower Vf than the XP-G2 or XP-L HI, so there’s a lot of current pushed through them, more than with the XP-G2 or XP-L HI.
3500 lumen : 4 = 875 lumen from each 219C, which is probably some 3½ to 4 Amperes for each 219C, which is way beyond the maximum rated current.
I can imagine a freshly charged VTC5A could kill them before the rise in temperature is recognised by the driver.

It should have had a current limiting driver, capping it at 8 Amperes for the 219C quad.

Now I would say it is ever so slightly rosy due to the 5D. But hands down, of all the neutral options (I’ve had them all), this is my number 1 choice. Better output, excellent tint and less heat. It’s a trifecta win!