TK's Emisar D4 review

Soo I placed an order now as to not get delayed due to their back log, and asked them to ship by Septembr 10:th just for if there might be firmware updates. :laughing:

Very excited about getting it at least in September when I actually will need it! :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot for making this really good lamp!! If it was not for this one Iā€™d have bought an Acebeam EC50 gen2, which is about 70% bigger due to the (strictly speaking) unnecessary use of the 26650 battery. I like it ultraportable and powerful.

As far as I understand there is only 1 update. The one TK helped with. This is the final version without any unforseen problems that would change that.

Got my xpg2 5700k d4 yesterday. I am happy to say that it has TKā€™s updated V2 firmware version. This is a beast of a flashlight. I knew it would be small but this thing is tiny. I am glad it has a better thermal step down because when TK said it was the ā€œhottest of hot rodsā€, it was not hyperbole. 20 seconds and the head is hot hot, but it throws a wall of light. I love the ramping and the short cuts. Hank, Tom, and now TK have outdone themselves on this one. Looking forward to my nichia and xpl hi versions that I will order as quick as they come in stock. In all seriousness, if you buy a D4 donā€™t leave it where a FL novice or worse a child can get ahold of it, this bad boy will burn you quick.

I hate it when I get an email update for my own post, lol. :slight_smile:

You can have it switched off by default via settings.

Not many places you can witness a real time rebirth of the Soul of a Flashlight.

ā€¦ā€¦.as if TK turned a 1/4 mile Dragster into a ā€˜street legalā€™ Hot Rod.

If I order this FL here: http://intl-outdoor.com/emisar-d4-high-power-led-flashlight-p-921.html

Will I get version 2?

And which led do you recommend? What is the betteer, nichia or xp-g2?

Or is it better to buy xpl-hi which is quite more expensive + 18 usd?

What are the differences between all these leds?

Which tint do you recommend?

Thank you

You will get the latest version.
The emiter choose is mainly personal preference, but in short:

Nichia is considered to have best tint and cri (Color rendering).
Choose the xpg-2 if you want the warmer 4000k
Xpl-hi for a bit more output and throw

Iā€™m a Nichia guy, but I do believe that both the 5700K cool white, and 5000K neutral white XP-G2 variants are quite favoured as well. If Iā€™m not mistaken, Hank considers the 5700K XP-G2 (one of) the best tints available, whereas the 5000K XP-G2 is a tad warmer than the Nichia variant. I read that a lot of people preferring the XP-G2 5000K to find the Nichia 5000K a bit too cool.

You got me doubting I ordered the right one. I am really a 4000k Nichia 219b guy, but that option is not available. Oh well maybe have to order an xg-g2 version also. First Iā€™ll wait for the nichia to arrive.

Thank you for your answers.

Till now I did not have FL with Nichia. Maybe I will buy: Neutral White - Nichia 219CT 83CRI, 5000K :smiley:
I also see that Nichia produces more lumens than xp-g2.

Somehow 219C 4000K 90+ CRI is not an option for M43 and D4ā€¦ If youā€™re really into 4000K I think itā€™s a good reason to try the XP-G2. I do love the 4000K Nichias on my Mankers though. :sunglasses:

I also like the 219c 4000k in my Manker e02, but it is not as pure as the 219b leds that I still prefer. Hoping that this 5000k version will be more pure, without yellow.

i choose Nichia version as i dont have Nichia 219C flashlight yet, i really like the 219b in my Astrolux S41 it is one of the most natural light in all my flashlight collections, and also i choose 219c because its just enough trade off between color tint and lumens.

I ordered the XP-G2 S4 5D, 4000K because is a tint I have never tried, if I donā€™t like it I have a back up plan :

Nichia NVSL219C R9050 D240 4000k CRI92

I find Mankerā€™s 4000K Nichia excellent for indoor use. Outdoors, to my surprise, I do often find it on the yellowish side. The 219C 5000K 80+ CRI Nichia is only a bit on the yellowish side on white walls compared to 219B 5000K 90+ CRI, but outdoors there is absolutely no yellowish tint present.

XP-G2 is the most efficient too.

Does it run cooler?