TK's Emisar D4 review

Emitter swapped again. Replaced the high-CRI Nichia 219C with XPL HI 5A2.

The light is noticeably brighter and throwier. Still gets hot fast, but not quite as fast as the 219C. Tint looks the same, though I’m sure if I put them side-by-side I’d notice the better CRI on the Nichia.

I used the stock star for the XPL HI. The beam looks fine but the spill is somewhat square shaped. To fix that I’ll probably swap the emitters to Richard’s offset quad star.

Overall, I like the light much better with XPL HI. It’s incredibly bright. My second brightest light after my M43.

I changed my order from nichia to the xp-g2 3d. The remarks of firelight2 of the light running much cooler on xp-g2 convinced me. I want to have some practical use out of this hotrod and the slightly better tint for my preference is also a plus. Who needs cri right :person_facepalming:

Here also processing.

Ai (at least ai for me, but opinions will vary) that was not how it was thought it would work. Does it matter how long the lock-out is?

The momentary “tactical” mode is intentionally remembered after being disconnected from power. That’s something Tom put in. It doesn’t matter how long power is disconnected.

I can’t say that will never happen in Daleville… but I get the feeling that, if it does, it will be on purpose. :smiley:

I don’t know how long Intl-Outdoor takes to process orders. If I understand correctly, I think he has all the parts in stock and puts them together on demand when orders come in. If any of the parts aren’t stocked, he might wait until more parts come in?

It’s weird, isn’t it? Having a stubby little 1x18350 light which puts out more lumens than the original Skyray King soda can light?

Well after reading TK’s outstanding and very impressive review I need to buy one of these lights. I like the XL HI 6500K. Can some one recommend where the best site to buy maybe a discount code? Thanks!

There are no discount codes. It’s only available from two stores, and neither store plays the game of inflating prices so they can offer periodic “sales”. Instead they sell at a consistent and fair value. I kinda prefer it that way, without the artificial drama.

In the US, you probably want to order from MtnElectronics.com. Outside the US, Intl-Outdoor.com is generally preferred.

Thanks TK. Mountain electronics is out of stock for the one I want. I’ll check the other source. Appreciate your quick reply! Best regards.

Toykeeper, If you will have have to decide for only one emmitter, which will you choose?
Thank you.

It’s a matter of personal taste and priorities. I don’t know which one you would like best.

Me, I like lights around 4750K to 5000K, so I’d pick one of the two options in that range — XP-G2 3D or Nichia 219c.

I also like lights around these numbers. But reading all above posts I now can’t decide between Nichia and XP-G2. I wanted to buy Nichia but I’m not sure if this is good idea and is maybe better to buy XP-G2 instead?

Thank you.

When I use lights outdoors, I notice the difference in CRI. I’d recommend the Nichia hands down unless you have a strong preference for a tint other than 5000K.

Ordered 07/27/2017 shipped 07/30/2017 intl-outdoor

Yeah I got a mail that mine was shipped too. :sunglasses:

Ordered on 28Jul and shipped today 30Jul.

email shows shipped 1 hour ago for my unit.

Mine too :slight_smile: