TK's Emisar D4 review

For stuff RMM builds, he definitely checks it before sending. For stuff other people built, I think he probably checks a few from each batch but not every individual piece. Usually these things come in batches which are either all good or all bad, and the occasional fluke is uncommon.

Edit: Nope, RMM confirmed he checks each light individually, period. Doesn’t matter who built it.

probably the most excited I have been receiving any previous light. Everything that has been said about this thing is true. Absolutely amazing. Why do I want to buy more of the same - that has never happened :slight_smile: I got the 3D and love the tint and also thank TK for the recommendation. Now I need a 5D also. It also gets hotter faster than any other light I own.

question: did I read on this thread that the output was adjustable on the beacon?

where do we go from here?

I don’t have the D4 yet, but I’d try the M43 method. Switch light on, and ramp to desired output level. From there give the 8 click beacon command.

thank you hIKARInoob, worked great!

FWIW, here is D4 tint comparison ®XP-G2 3D vs. (L)XPL-HI 3A. Both 100% 7135, WB set 5000k!

Well how about that it worked! I love the fact the D4 has M43 genes, just like with the 6 click lockout. :sunglasses:

Man if the M43 was loaded with the D4’s easy to use and completely customizable firmware it would be a work of art with one heck of a punch. Or for that matter, a meteor running Narsil would be awesome.

and the momentary is close …… 5 presses and a hold instead of 4 for the D4.

No one, with both a nichia and XPG2-3D or XPL HI versions here with the will of posting here few real life photoshots comparison? i mean for throw and tint comparison...

Based on how the Carclo quads look in reality, I can tell you photos are not offering real life impressions, especially when throw and tint are so close like in the case you are asking.

@toykeeper
Perfect!

I am afraid there is something more to add, this:

You can set the brightness of the beacon, if you ramp to a desired output level. From there give the 8 click beacon command.

please add this at the beacon description.

Thanks
Joe

Maybe a Bonus for Battcheck:
“Mnemonic: B from battery looks like 3 Klicks”

Anyone know how or who to contact at mountain elec international?
My order has not yet shipped. I tried contacting them via their website thru contact form twice but no response

It is the same two people, Richard and Lisa. I think they have a backlog of work being done. They will get back to you, this D4 has made their already considerable amount of business go through the roof.

If it is any consolation, my D4 shipped without formal notice, it just showed up a bit later than hoped, but within normality.
Richard (RMM) and his wife Lisa ARE the business, called Mtn.
If they supplied a pre-ship tracking number, you can trust they did their part.

If they have not responded, they are likely swamped, and fielding mountains of queries concerning the workings (or not) of the USPS.
Once the United States Postal Service picks it up, it’s their ball game.

You would be hard pressed to find a seller with more honesty and integrity, be assured you will be taken care of fairly and honestly.

I ordered mine from Hank (http://intl-outdoor.com) and it is already 10 days but the package still showing “HK, Sender is preparing item for posting” i hope it will get moving soon not sure why they said to have it in stock in the first place it is close to 2 weeks and yet no shipping. Ordered on 27th of July.

My order, also made on the 27th, finally showed up yesterday on 17track. Tracking is often very funky, so there is likeliness that your order is shipped a long time as well.

It’s about the right time for me to pick up that spare button top GA and put it in the charger… :smiling_imp:

Will overheating damage the led and driver?
Thanks

In my experience orders from china or HK usually “dispatched to overseas” within 5 days from posting date so not sure what is going on here. Last registered shipping from Banggood arrived in 12 days which is really good. the wait is killing :innocent:

So what is your tracking number said about your order? same as mine which is “HK, Sender is preparing item for posting”?

There’s almost always some funky stuff going on with overseas tracking. However, the type of odd information I get seems quite repetitive. It’s the third time I ordered from Intl-outdoor, and I have received the same info. The latest info is that it left postal office in Rotterdam this morning at 01:00.
I use tracking as a rough estimate when the light will arrive. It’s like doing a ceiling bounce test with your smartphone to determine output: it’s rough, but it works ok. :sunglasses:

For tracking the best option I have found is this free software on PC and its Android app on phone.
TrackChecker (en)
http://www.trackchecker.net/