Today is not my day.. :(

It’s no problem for me to drive to the post office and pick something up. What gets me is when I have a package sit there for two weeks because they didn’t even leave me a slip saying it was un-deliverable, so I don’t know it’s even there. I can buy a $1,200 watch and UPS will happily leave it on my porch to sit there all day with no signature, so why do I have to sign for every $12 flashlight? These sellers would get far more packages to their destinations without that silly signature requirement. At least my regular letter carrier will scrawl something on there and deliver it no matter what. Some sellers like DX only require a signature if it’s over $15.

Exactly my impression!

What a disaster! :frowning:
Look the positive side: it is the BEST mess to tide up a flashaholic could ever dream to come up. :wink:

Nice collection ! but Ouch, sorry to hear about the shelf collapse. hope none of them got damaged in the fall.

Oh dear. It’s the butterfly effect I tell you! I take full responsibility. It all started with that X6S…I shouldn’t have tried to transfer money to PayPal so late at night, triggering a security alert. The trauma must have sent shockwaves across the globe! Those shelf mounts must have undergone existential crises upon hearing the news, and just couldn’t take it any more :stuck_out_tongue:

Glad to hear that nothing was seriously damaged! But look on the bright side—this is a good opportunity to install more shelving! And that of course means it’s a good opportunity to purchase even more lights. I see many MT-G2’s in your future… 8)

Look on the bright side ....one of them could have started smoking and hissing .

Wow, sorry to see that. You've given your wife a lot of ammunition for future discussions, there.

Time to join Budget Shelf Forum.

Learn to mod Home Depot shelves.

Damn. I feel your pain. It sounds like my wife is not the only one to use the f bomb word. Good luck with the rebuild.

That sucked SO bad!
I’ll bet ALL of us were cringing as we read your story. We all felt a small percentage of your pain bro.

AZ
P.S. no one here would second guess you for a split second if you were to go source out 10” screws or something.

Oh hell no, I was about to start whining about how many un-successful dedomes and reflows i had today in the midst but this is just outrageous amount of bad happenings to such an impressive flashlight collection.

Oh no! One consolation is that the whole structure did not drop straight down vertically.

OHHHH NOOOOO!

What the hell, a C8 instead of an L4???? I would say full refund, or send the L4, and keep the C8 as a bonus!

And you ask, what could be worse... I'll tell you what could be worse... This....

What a crash in the flashlight market!

I guess you know now, once you get the shelves up, with “just enough” of the little nails to make the job easy, put big wood screws in the outer holes to finish the job… Yeah, NOW he says it.

Sooo SORRY, but…

Now you know which ones are the good ones. No, I know that doesn’t help.

HACKING THE USPS: There is almost always a “Line 2” in the Address blocks (for Apt. numbers, etc.) I always put these magic words there:

PLEASE LEAVE ON PORCH

I also (as Racer stated) took the first opportunity (years ago) to complain vigorously and instantly, to get “that” reputation. Now the poor fellow will bring medium-large envelopes to the porch, even if they’d fit (with squishing) into the box at the street. It’s only ~80’, and s/he can turn around in the driveway, and if I’m home I always greet him/her as a friend and neighbor. And we never miss a package!

Also, SWMBO’s Mom leaves little surprise gifts of snacks for her carrier, on special occasions. They’re now on a first-name basis & likewise no problems ever happen.

As Al Capone said, “You can get more done with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.”

PS: I have lots of shelf space, if you’d like a place to store some of those… 0:)

Exactly what happened to me. Ordered an L4 from BG a few weeks ago. The package arrived yesterday and it was a C8! I ordered it back on April 15 after a post here at BLF with the L4's on sale for about $25. I wonder if a bunch of people are about to get C8's instead. BG has not replied to by customer service request.

I think they having 3 days holiday… so they’re not going to answer any e-mails or pm until next week.
I’m sure this is a simple misunderstanding as mine was shipped from Thailand :stuck_out_tongue:
either way this issue with a lot of people getting C8 instead L4 will create a big headache for Banggood as shipping it back to china and resend the new one will cost them a lot of $$$.

since I paid it with paypal… less worry :wink:

I have 10 times stronger shelves and 20 times smaller flashlight collection.

So, when can we expect 50%off sale for slightly nicked and dented lights :stuck_out_tongue:
I saw couple (yeah, what a lie) of them I would be interested in :wink:

at least now you know that your lights survive crash test 0:)

Wow. Sorry things have been sucking. But nice collection. How do you like the Warsun?

they’re quite nice actually, on par with convoy quality…nice solid feels to it, not to mention excellent heat sink, very well thought and the idea their driver is easy to mod with resistors mod is a bonus :smiley: