Top 3 (ACTUAL USED!) flashlights of 2016

1. Zebralight H502d
2. Convoy C8 with FET driver and dedomed XM-L
3. KRONOS X5

1. Convoy S2 with neutral XP-L HI, 105C driver with custom firmware, smooth reflector, blue illuminated tailcap

2. Astrolux A01… carried in jeans pocket every day and used everyday, but it just kicked the bucket a couple weeks ago. Soon to be replaced by a Jetbeam Jet-µ (likely with an emitter swap to a 219C)

3. Thrunite TH20 NW. This is my first real headlamp, just got as a Christmas gift. I never realized how handy they could be. I used to use a crappy one, but only when I had to (gutting deer alone after dark). Now I’m finding all sorts of reasons to use a headlamp.

Cool to see all the headlamp love and actual usage impressions. There is absolutely nothing cool about wearing a headlamp… its quite possibly the dork-nerdiest form of lighting on the planet for whatever reason. Thats A- OK by me!!

[EDIT]…. I am also not so certain the thrunite TH20 is going to replace my zebra H501. The latter being so incredibly light weight and compact, the TH20 is noticeably heavier when worn.

Well you’re gonna be the dork-nerd that can use both hands to do things while everyone else is juggling or losing tooth enamel :smiling_imp:

You know, when you’re night mountain biking you think nothing of riding with a helmet light on. But when you get off the bike you feel like a nerd with the same light on!

-Garry

1) On The Road M3 CREE XM-L2

2) NITECORE LA10

3) Convoy L5 MT-G2 mod

I can’t explain it either… I wear the H501 loosely around my neck, the minute I move it up higher on my melon I transform into insta-lume-dork.

The BLF SE A6. It has been my literal EDC since the day I received it. I also carried the Lumintop TD-16 for a couple of months and have lately been carrying an Olight S1A as a backup; I’d say they have both been carried an equal amount, so let’s call it a tie for second, shall we?

1) Nitecore Tube: just pure brilliance for less than 10 bucks. How wonderful 1 lumen can be. How wonderful a poly-carbonate body can be.
2) M43: surprisingly more EDC-able than expected

Doubt I could limit it to just 3…

• WF502b, 1-mode, 5000K XP-L.

• Green S2+, 3/5-mode, XM-L2 4C.

• C8 clone, 1-mode, 4300K XP-E2 1.05A.

• Convoy C8, 3/5-mode, XP-L HI (3C?).

• Cheapie bobofett light, uhhh, this one: http://www.microcenter.com/product/466497/R22_1W_LED_Flashlight .

In order, they’re my:

▴ EDC light for pretty much anything’n’everything,

▴ almost-EDC for lower-level modes or floodier needs (eg, when I actually need low to keep from blinding myself),

▴ light for late-night snooping,

▴ light for late-night snooping when I want more spread,

▴ ceiling-bounce nightlight to burn down “dead” AA alkies.

I use 1/4/5 pretty extensively each day, and 2/3 when the need arises (but they’re always on-hand).

I always wear at hat so I always have a headlamp with my Blf a6.

On an extended trip away from home the last month or so, I only brought a Tank 007 E09 and Olight S15R (with Eneloop and not the charger). Been using the Tank 007 E09 every day/night and the S15R once in awhile.

I brought only one of my Liitokala 100 chargers which I run off of a Blitzwolf USB charger.

Had to travel light for this trip :)…

- Jetbeam Jet-1 MK 14500, in my jean’s left pocket

- Astrolux BLF Copper A01 AAA, aged, dangling on a leather cord, clipped on my belt and tucked in my right pocket.

• BLF A6, all around light from moon to blast.

I’ve got tons of other lights i like to use, but the way you ask, it boils down to these three i’m really using on a regular basis.

1. Various S2+ EDC 16340 and a pair of full size on my handlebars for 1,100 miles of bike commuting in 2016
2. BLF A6 clear. Rocky start, but I’m starting to appreciate it.
3. Convoy C8 for light saber battles by the campfire

Oh yeah, and a Thorfire S70 to compensate for my small just for fun.

My most used bike light fenix E35UE

1. Raylight Ti as its my ED atm…for 6 months allready
2. Modded C8 of course, hunting FTW
3. Here is somehow hard….maybe several, X6, L2, Fenix TK75 ,…

This is a great thread!

I’m really enjoying reading about everyone’s unique yet similar flashlight logic.

Well done, The Miller, for starting it.

1. Convoy S2+ - light I always take when I know I will need one
  2. Ultrafire C8 modded with biscotti and XP-L HI - my hunting light
  3. OTR M3 - my EDC, always with me but rarelly needed

Seconded! So much so, I think I’m gonna start a new thread about interesting times when we had to use our torches, like a “campfire tales” thing.

For work, these get used every day 5 days a week, from 1hr up, to maybe 5hrs or so total.

This P1 and oveready nichia 219b mule, 300lm single mode has been used constantly for a couple of weeks, as close up hi cri flood works best for my uses…………………almost bounces!

If i dont use the mule, the sportac triple nichia is being used, real tough set up and took 100’s of drops(can be 1 or more a day!)This definitely does not bounce!

At home i tend to swap about, have a set few to use for a weekend etc etc, so rotate a good few lights………………could not say most used tbh. I also rotate my EDC lights, so use time gets spread out over the year.