Top 3 (ACTUAL USED!) flashlights of 2016

All high CRI and inexpensive (to me):

LA10 single AA lantern (if I remember right $16 or so around Christmas time)

BLF group buy $8 single AAA (BLF348?)

Jaxman E2 single 18650 ($16 or so)

I would probably have substituted the $17 UTorch UT01 if it would have ever arrived (and worked).

Sorry for going ot but what is a mule?

No reflector or optic , pure flood .

:+1:

1. Convoy S6 triple with mtn17ddm, A6 firmware, Nichia 219C emitters (5000K, 80+ CRI)
2. Nitecore HC30 (emitter swapped to 3D tint)
3. Jetbeam T6, with emitters swapped to the same 219Cs as above. ~235 kcd and pretty usable spill

Blackshadow EVA
This key chain AAA has withstood multiple drops, cant say that about my Fenix E01.

Jetbeam Jet-1 MK 14500
Paid $10.99! For the price I can live with it’s “just OK” ness.

VOB Convoy S2+ XPG3 18350
3A tint on copper MCPCB
Mosfet linear driver with DrJones Guppy2drv
Beam suits me fine. Good output. I carry a couple of spare batteries for extra run time.

There was a drone flying around the neighborhood last night. Not sure if it was recording or feeding video back to its owner. I strobed it with my convoy L6. Kind of made me wish I did the sense resistor mod. So +1 for the L6 for strobing annoying drones in 2017

1. Fenix UC 35 - EDC at work
2. Tie between Thorfire TG 06 and Zebralight H600 - back up light at work
3. Another tie between Manker X5 to take out the trash and my XTAR H2 for navigating the house after bedtime (using the red led).

EDIT/NOTE: Even though two of mine are head lamps I have yet to take the “Dork in the Dark” step LOL my straps are still in the boxes.

1. Nitecore TIP (Keychain)
2. Olight S15R (Always in my Jacket)
3. BLF X5 “Old-Lumens”-Edition (For playing around and searching stuff in my basement)

1.U21vn

2.SDMiniVN

3.TN40vn

1- Olight S2Baton. Had the longest and really like the silent switch and magnet.

2- Astrolux S1. Using short tube. Rear clicky is a must for pocket carry.

3- Thorfire C8. Friends always like the wow factor of how far it throws.

2017!? I’m guessing my new M43!!! Can’t stop finding reasons to use it.

1.) Solarforce L2 3.8 amp Pflexpro dropin Gets as much use as the other combined.
2.) Convoy L6 Car light.
3.) 30+ other lights.

So cool to read all these lists!

Nice to see Convoy and Thorfire named so often!
I mean that must mean something in terms of reliability, cool!

We go to great lengths discussing big performance lights, yet in this thread is almost only the smallish lights with many keychain sized ones. Kind of makes you think about our focus :wink: Love’em all but nothing beats handy :sunglasses:

1- Tank 007 E09 w/10180 (Used most because it’s always there and does it all except runtime. If I’m there, it’s there)

2- B:F A6 (My go-to light at work, for timed when when base operations is my van, and for pocket carry ‘just in case’)

3a- 2*AAA MagLight Pro on Alkies (Only because it fits a desk cubbyhole, it’s 100 lumens of very handy and in the teeth it’s hands-free too)

3b- (Longer runtime in use instead of 3a) Various C-8’s, IMHO still the most versatile general-purpose flashlight there is :smiley:

Phil

BLF A6 shorty by a long way.

#1. Solarforce L2T w/ N219B CRI 92, & Qlite 4 mode
#2. Solarforce L2P w/ N219C CRI 84, & Qlite 4 mode
#3. Solarforce D18 w/ M3 XM-L2 -stock 3 mode driver (coming soon, XHP 50 w/ QliteZ)

Exactly Phil, a reason for starting this thread, liking, using and loving could be totally different
Yet I see a lot of high powered lights as well, sweet!

#1- Not stock BLF A6 triple XPL-HI 4000k with TA17mm FET+1+6 running HI-LO Bistro with bypassed springs & a PD68 lighted tailcap and FWD switch. Gets used .5 to 3hrs a day.

#2- Not stock Yezl Y3 XPL V6 OD dedomed with a MTN LDO FET driver running Moppydrv

#3- Not stock Trustfire TR-3T6 triple XM-L2 U4 1A dedomed running a MTN-26DD FET driver with guppydrv

#1) Nitecore Tube - it’’s on my keychain and USB rechargeable. Used it last night to get the dipstick back in the tube. Eye’s are getting old.

#2) Throfire S70 and Convoy L6 tied for second. The S70 is in my truck I take camping and the Convoy is in the drawer under the phone.

#3) BLF A6 and Nitecore MH20 tie. - these get carried, but I’d rather carry a headlamp and have @ 20 to chose from, no clear leader there.

1. Klarus Mi7 by a long chalk - EDC, and because it’s always in my pocket it’s almost replaced my work light.
2. Nitecore HC30 (round the house and running.)
3. Equal split between S2+, C8 and Nitecore MT10C - all sit on the kitchen side for taking the bins out etc and I grab whichever I like the look of that day…if I don’t use the Mi7.

I should give an honourable mention to the Jet II MK sitting on my keyring - I rarely turn it on as using a keyring light is a faff, all the keys hanging off gets in the way and it’s a ballache putting a big bundle of keys back in a jeans pocket - but I can get away with burning through battery life on the Mi7 without a care as I know I’ll always have the equally potent Jet on standby. So in a way it could be #3 on the list.